Chapter 4~ Complications

I crept up the sidewalk to Erin and Andi's house and knocked on the door. I’d stayed a little longer than I’d planned at Mario’s with Daniel…I glanced at my watch and saw that it was 7 already! 3 hours of talking…Geez. But, unfortunately, I was beginning to feel that strange disconnect in the back of my mind that kind of worried me. Jessica opened the door and I cringed as I walked into another barrier of Screamo music. She turned off the stereo and plopped down on the couch.

“So, how goes Danny?” she asked and I laid on the couch across from her.

“Fine, where’s Erin?” I asked and she pointed to a lump of blankets on the floor, “Is she sleeping?”

“I don’t know…” Andi pondered the thought and then slid down and kicked the lump of blankets. It moved and I grabbed one of the top blankets, ripping it off. Erin’s head emerged and she gasped for air, seeming dazed and confused.

“Wha-? What’s going on? Oh my GOD I could not breathe in there!” She lay on the floor and closed her eyes again, falling back asleep. Andi and I looked at each other and she shrugged.

“Well that was weird. Anyways, how was your date?”

“It was really nice, actually. And, GUESS WHAT DANNY GOT ME?!”

“What?”

“ONE DIRECTION TICKETS!”

“OH MY GOD!! AWESOMESAUCE!!”

“I KNOW! I HAVE TWO TICKETS. ONE FOR ME AND ONE FOR DANIEL,” I grinned excitedly.

“OH MY GOD THAT IS SO GREAT!!” she exclaimed but then paused, “Wait, Danny wants to go to a One Direction concert with you?”

“Well yeah it’ll be like a date,”

“But, isn’t that a little weird? You love One Direction won’t Danny being there be kinda weird?”

“I love their music and the fact that they’re funny I’m not in love with them! Besides, I haven’t even seen them before.”

“Well, Zayn is hot. And that’s all I have to say about that.”

“Well I’m sure they’re all pretty hot, but trust me, it’ll be fine. Even if I think they’re hot, I’m not gonna just ditch Danny to pursue my new fantasy love with a pretty boy from 1D haha,”

“And if you do happen to fall madly in love with oh, say, HARRY, while you’re at the concert with Danny won’t that be potentially problematic?” she winked and I rolled my eyes.

“Psh fuck it we’ll worry about that later. JUST BE EXCITED FOR ME, I GOT IMPOSSIBLE TICKETS!”

“Ok, fine! YAY!” she laughed and I smiled to myself, I couldn’t believe tonight actually happened.

***

“What do you mean you’ll be gone? The concert is that night! Where are you going to be?” I asked Danny frantically, frustration lacing my voice. I saw Andi walk lazily into the kitchen, still in her PJ’s, and grab a mug from the cabinet to pour coffee. She narrowed her eyes curiously at me on the phone.

“Who’s she talking to?” she half-whispered, sitting next to Erin at the kitchen table.

“Danny, I think. Sounds like he can’t go to the concert,” she said back.

“Hold on Danny. Will you guys be quiet? I can’t hear him!” I growled. My frustration was probably caused by the slight head ache I woke up with this morning which turned pounding by the fact that Danny couldn’t go to the concert with me now and the fact that they weren’t very good at whispering.