Chapter 7~ Sweetest Accidental First Date

“I’ll be right back,” I called through the house as I headed out the door.

“Where are you going?” Erin asked from her place laying on the floor.

“Just for a walk,” I wasn’t really one to take walks by myself at random, but I felt like I needed somewhere to think without everyone else’s thoughts intruding.

“Do you want someone to come with?” Caroline asked and I shook my head. I knew she was still kind of bummed about my attitude earlier, but I hoped it hadn’t ruined her mood about Louis. Even though Harry and I didn’t have anything to go off of, I thought maybe Louis and her could be something. The reason I think that is because, well, Louis is so sweet and doesn’t seem to be as much of a notorious flirt…like Harry…hopefully she’ll call him. I knew my attitude hadn’t really affected hers, though, because once we got home she excitedly told every detail of everything that happened in the 5 minute conversation between us and the guys.

“Are you sure?” Andi asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine, I won’t be too long,” I looked at the clock to see it was 7 PM already. I’d probably be home after dark depending on how much ‘thinking time’ I wanted.

“Ok, see ya,” she said, still sounding unconvinced. I headed out the door and started walking down our street. I wasn’t sure where I was going exactly, but I wanted to get away and on with this walk as quickly as I could.

But, even as I continued to walk, getting further into my own little world, I still refused to think about Danny and Harry. I couldn’t bring myself to deal with the fact that…although I’ve been with Danny for months and it’s been great, I have feelings suddenly for another guy. How does that even happen? You can’t just suddenly switch guys. Damn you, Harry! Why do you have to be so irresistible?! I growled angrily to myself. I suddenly felt my phone buzzing in my pocket and slipped it out, glancing at the screen.

CALL FROM: Dannyyy!!<3

Awks. Should I pick up? I asked myself, Yes, I have to. If I don’t he might be suspicious…I guess I haven’t talked to him in a few days…I should want to talk to him! Maybe hearing his voice will suddenly make me forget Harry…like seeing Harry made me forget him…oh god I hope this isn’t awkward.

“Hello?” I said as I pressed answer.

“Hey, baby! How’s it goin’?” he said and I could practically hear the smile in his voice.

“Pretty good, what about-”

“Danny Boy get over here!” I heard a voice in the background say.

“No! I’m talkin’ to Maddie!” Danny yelled back, “So, what’d you say?”

“I just said-”

“Ben get off I’m on the phone!” Danny interrupted me, laughing, and sounding like he was hitting someone away. I exhaled impatiently and fell silent as I waited for him to come back again, “I’m sorry, sweetie, the boys won’t leave me alone tonight,”

“How’s the conference thing or whatever you’re at been?” I asked.

“Huh?”

“I said how has the-”

“No I don’t want Budlight those are nasty get me Miller,” he was talking to someone else again and I sighed, “Thanks! Ok, so what were you saying, sweetie?”

“Never mind.”I said impatiently; this was getting kind of annoying.

“What?”

“I’ll talk to you later, Danny, you sound like you’re busy anyway, see ya,” I said, ready to hit End Call. Deep down I kind of almost wished he’d say ‘No, wait, I’m sorry, don’t leave I want to talk to you they can wait, nothing’s more important than my baby,’ but, unfortunately that’s not what he said at all.