Chapter 5~ Love at First Sight?

The week had gone by pretty fast, actually; filled with mainly just Erin, Andi and I hanging out and having fun around the town going to movies, coffee shops and staying up all night being weird! I talked to Danny a little each night, but I noticed the texts and calls were getting shorter and less frequent as his schedule got busier. He was getting ready for Spring Training…I was already starting to miss him…but, it was Friday now and I had to look forward to the awesome night that was about to ensue! Jessica, Erin and I all sat on the couches waiting for Caroline. The concert started at 5 and Caroline said she’d be here by 2 PM. Andi ordered us take out Chinese for a quick lunch/dinner before the concert. I scooped some Lo mein onto my plate and laid on the couch, waiting anxiously for Caroline to show up.

Almost ten minutes after 2 PM someone rang the doorbell; I would’ve gotten up, but I felt tired and was enjoying my food, so I looked at Andi and Erin. They both seemed to be having the same dilemma as me and were laid back in their seats, eating. Andi pursed her lips and then yelled, “IT’S OPEN!” Of course. We really are this lazy. The handle jiggled, but the door didn’t open.

“…NO, IT’S NOT!” a muffled voice yelled back. Andi groaned.

“Dammit, who locked the door?!”

“Well I didn’t feel like being broken into and robbed or raped today so I locked it!” Erin said defensively and Andi got up to unlock it and let a confused Caroline in.

“You couldn’t have just answered the door in the first place?” she asked.

“No, obviously, Chinese food was preoccupying us,” Andi replied and Caroline rolled her eyes.

“I see where the priorities lie,” she stated and sat down next to me, “Ready for tonight?” she asked andI nodded.

“Yes! I’m SO excited!”

“SAME!”

“Are you two going like that?” Erin asked and I looked down at myself and Caroline. Both of us had some form of sweatpants on, I had a Twins shirt on and Caroline had on an old turquoise polyester top. I guess we didn’t look super dressed up but I didn’t think it was too bad!

“Well…yeah, I guess,” I replied and shrugged.

“Nu-uh! If you want those British pretty boys to fall in love with you you’ve gotta be at least put a little more effort it!” Erin protested and Andi nodded in agreement.

“Well what are we supposed to wear?!” I asked and almost regretted saying it.

Erin insisted on picking out our clothes and Andi doing our makeup. The scenario reminded me of the forward of Danny and I’s first date…except, this time, I wasn’t afraid of Erin stabbing me with eyeliner. After dressing us in a wardrobe consisting of shorts and what Erin deemed concert-and-British-pretty-boy-worthy clothing, Andi told us to hold still and commenced in what felt like painting our faces.

Thankfully, though, she actually put on a light base of makeup; thin eyeliner, a swipe of light brown and gray eyeshadow and finally, lipgloss. She did similar styles for both Caroline and I, and decided to add foundation to both of us to hide any possible blushes.

“Why do I need foundation? Who’s going to make me blush?” I asked in confusion.

“You never know! Anyone could make you blush, it’s just good to prepare,” she grinned and stepped away from us, pushing the makeup into a drawer, “You both look lovely. Erin, we have done well,” she and Erin high-fived and nodded approvingly while looking us over.

“Hell yeah, we did! You guys look hot the boys will be all over you,” Erin winked and I rolled my eyes. “Personally, I already have the eye of the boy I want,” I laughed, but my words felt kind of empty as they rolled off my tongue…