Something

I knock on the front door as my heart beats fast. I'm worried. Kellin just left earlier and said nothing. He went to the bathroom and never came back.

The door opens and I'm greeted by a lady. "Um, hello. I'm assuming you're here for Kellin." She says. I nod and press my lips together. She calls up to Kellin and gets no answer. Panic rushes through me once more. "Gah, just go up there. He should be expecting you." The lady says. I give a questionable look but walk in and up the stairs anyway without asking questions.

I assume Kellin's room is the door that has music notes on it, so I knock. "Um, Kellin." Now I feel more awkward than anything. I regret coming to check on him already. "Ugh what now?" I hear Kellin groan. I roll my eyes. "It's me, open up." I demand. I head something slam against the floor when I say that. I open my mouth to speak but I have nothing to say. After a few seconds the door opens and Kellin stands there in the same thing he was wearing earlier. "Uh, come in." He motions his hand behind him. I walk into the room, awkwardly as Kellin closes the door. "What?" He ask. "What? To me? I should ask that to you." I say, kind of rude, but I don't care. "What did I do?" He ask. I cross my arms, now annoyed.

"You left earlier. I just came to check on you to see if you're okay." I speak honestly but hesitantly. Kellin pauses. He's taken back by what I said. "Kellin. . ." I mumble. "You. . . Actually cared?" He says as if it's something he never heard before. "Yeah?"  I say it more like a question than an answer, "Why wouldn't I?"

He runs his fingers through his bangs as be looks down. "I just figured. . ." He admits. His words my me feel bad for him but I shouldn't show empathy. I know he hates people feeling bad for him, but I can't help it. "I'm not like most people, Kells." I say. He looks up from the spot on the ground that he was staring at and looks directly at me. "I see that."

"Then why don't you act like it?" I blurt out my thoughts. I didn't mean to say anything. I meant to keep it to myself. "I'm. . . I'm sorry. . . I-I. ." I can't force myself to speak full sentences. I feel stupid and rude. I'm an idiot. "You're special, you just haven't realized it yet." Kellin says his words quickly, as if he doesn't want me to hear. "Uh-"

"I treat you differently then everyone else because you are different from everyone else. Everyone else besides my close friends treat others like shit. You don't. You are the first girl I meat that knows how to treat people like they're human." His voice is calm but still has a little anger in it. He's getting frustrated. "I'm sorry. . . I just want some time for my own." Kellin finally says. I press my lips together. "Okay." I say. I turn around and put my hand on the knob of the door. "I'll see you later." I say and up open the door. I can hear Kellin sigh as he falls onto his bed. I close the door behind me. "Bye Kells." I whisper then walk down the stairs and to the front door. "Hello dear." I hear as I walk into the living room. "Hi, Mrs. Quinn." I say. She smiles softly. "Ah, just call me Mary. I didn't get your name."

"Uh, Y/n." I say nervously. "I should get going." I say after a second and walk to the front door. "Goodbye I'll see you next time." Mary says. I force a smile and walk outside and head towards my home.