Chapter 7 ~ Vulnerable

The officers took him to a hospital and asked me to come for interrogation. They asked how I knew his name as I had screamed it out. I was afraid they’d noticed my dialect was different, but thankfully, they hadn’t. They asked me to talk, and I wouldn’t.

The problem is that they knew I could speak from calling Yae Jun’s name. They thought me refusing to speak was me being defiant and stubborn, and so they kept me within police custody.

It was only when one of the guys from the group of guys with oversized clothes came to ‘retrieve’ me that I had the opportunity to leave. The officers asked me if I knew him.

I nodded. I just wanted to get out of this place.

“She’s my little sister,” said the guy. Liar.

“Is this true?” the officer asked.

I nodded. Whatever happens to me afterwards is more preferable then staying in that hell of a police station.

“Why doesn’t she talk?” the police officer asked the guy.

South Korean guys are such good liars… “she has a few psychological issues. That’s why she screamed and that’s why she tried to suicide when she jumped off the second floor. I’m taking her to the psychiatrist right now, if you would allow.”

The police officer nodded and finally discharged me. The guy then pretended to hug me, I played along. “Don’t ever scare me like that again!” he said in a heartfelt matter. I wanted to throw up. How repulsive.

As you would expect, I was not taken to a ‘psychiatrist’. The guy held my arm tightly and walked me through the streets. It was nighttime by then.

I did not have time or mental capacity to look around and embrace the beauty of this country. All I did was insult every inch of South Korea as I followed the guy, knowing that I would be vulnerable to what would happen to me next.

At the very back of my mind, a part of me wanted to know if Yae Jun was doing okay.

Finally, after walking for what seemed like hours, the guy led me towards an apartment. There, I saw the group of guys that had sexually harassed me. They were drinking. How despicable. In North Korea, we only drink in special occasions and even then we drink in small quantities. In South Korea, that is obviously not the case…

He pushed me inside. All the guys yelled in excitement. I wanted to do something to resist, but I knew I was defenseless. I sat down and wait for them to utilize me for their sexual excitement. South Korea is such a loathsome country for fathering such loathsome people…

“Who wants to start?” asked the guy licking his lips.

One of them stepped forward and began taking off my shirt. This shirt was new and pretty, and I hated that his hands were soiling it. I resisted for a little and then just let them take it off.  The other unbuttoned the new pants and took them off.

“Good job,” he said to me. “You’re being obedient!”

“I guess we’re doing to have to give Jun the files, he bailed us out…”

“Worry about that later, now let’s get her.”

When they began feeling me, I realized how much I didn’t want this… I would seriously much rather die. I screamed.

The screaming had no impact on them. “Yah!” I screamed. “Get off of me!”

“So you do talk…” they didn’t notice my dialect just yet.

“Would you rape a North Korean?!” I screamed. I think at that moment, they were taken aback.