003

I choose you.

.......

His nerves hit in and he kept telling himself "Breathe and you'll be fine."  like a mantra. Ask him what hes scared of and he'll never find a better answer than stage fright and having all those massive attention on him with anticipation.

"Cheol. You good?" Just hearing his friend's voice calmed him down abit. Only abit. He hummed in response as his eyes flicker down through the field of school from where hes seated. Seokmin patted his shoulder and hand him a water bottle as the older touches the tip of the microphone making tapping sounds echo. His palm was sweating, his stomach swirled as if its whisked together like a batter. If only he memorised his lines on the script and could cool down and maybe act all right infront of the whole school.

7:50 am

Students in their neat uniforms lined up as the school's sport coach blowed the whistle. As soon as the freshmen settled in their own spot, the entire field went silent.

Please dont embarrass yourself.  Just please dont.

"Ehm. Hello all my dear juniors! I would like to say its nice to see you all here and thanks for participating in this event right now." Seungcheol thanked himself for not stuttering and could actually pulled on a smile to all the students who are clapping for him who was sitting in the representative desk. He was surprised he didnt start shaking and repeating words. He quickly glanced at his script and sighed quietly. He knows how boring amd lame this could get. How boring a speech or maybe longer, a lecture, can be especially for the younger ones. But at least it helps them to understand and get it more on how to survive these years in school. Seungcheol started rambling about the school's rules and systems as he ran his hand to brush back his hair blocking his view. He was surprised he didnt mess up as the level of nervousness dropped as if it was never there in the first place. He smiled once again at the crowd and scanned everyone so he might have an idea or two on who to choose to be his next junior.

"....That boy."

He gulped down nervously and stared at the boy who was sitting in the 2nd row, jotting down some notes. His golden honey hair was shinning, contrasting back the sunlight. His round specs sat cutely on his high nose. Something was caught up once again in Seungcheol's chest and made him even more stumbly in his seat. Moving closer to the mic again, his hands gripped the script and as Jeonghan looked up at him, he froze and felt a weird turn in his mind.

He wanted to impress the boy. He wanted to make him see how independent and cool he is infront of the school's mic as the school's president.

"So to be make it more clear for you guys, I would like to tell you that each of you, juniors will be working and mentored by us, your new seniors. This has been the school's way of making us more connective. Please wait and take your time to talk to the seniors. Make nice conversations and hopefully you all get along well." Seungcheol stepped out from his seat to joined the other seniors who are now all lined up side by side infront of the juniors' seats. They made their way into the crowd and the younger immediately stood up and greet them. Talkings and conversings could be heard as the school's president made his way to see how the younger students were doing, smiling briefly at the ocupied ones. As he reached around the last three rows, he was met by Jeonghan, standing with his notes awkwardly looking around. Seems like no one notice a goddamn angel in the middle of the day. Seungcheol breathed out heavily, his eyes never leaving the sight infront of him.

Shyness? Really Choi Seungcheol?

He wanted to talk him. And thats how he ended up nervously taking lead in the conversation he made, finding out the younger's name and what he likes to do and what hes good at.

Yoon Jeonghan, beautiful.

And before Seungcheol could know what type of people get along with Jeonghan the most,
the head teacher announced them to all go back to their respective seats. "Seniors and juniors bonds, please start."

More and more juniors were being chosen by seniors and Seungcheol's friends. He sometimes get anxious and would sigh in relieve after when each of them didnt choose his target. Seniors, with their younger friends chose, stood beside each other and waited patiently for this ceremony to finish so they could all rest and hide from this sunny day.

"Lee Seokmin, please tell us who you want to work with." The head teacher smiled at Seokmin knowing whoever is chosen by him they will end up with perfect scores and disciplines.

Seokmin's eyes dotted towards the 2nd row and stopped for a moment on Jeonghan. Seungcheol's eyes followed by closely only because he was curious but when he saw how it landed on Yoon Jeonghan, he didnt mind to be a little unproper.

"Student Yoon Jeonghan! Lets work together!"

Jeonghan eyes shot up to see Choi Seungcheol raising his hand up high blocking Seokmin who was cut off in the middle of his announcement.  Seungcheol saved his junior.  He smiled at him warmly and gestured for the boy to come. Seungcheol's was blushing madly out of embarrassment but he didnt regret or curse himself for doing that. Jeonghan used his index finger to push up his specs and managed to just nod back and silently walk up to the senior and stopped right beside him. His face also flushed pink not because of the sunny weather but it was the first time he was called out by his full name this loud and infront of a lot of people.

                   _____________

-JLW