The Girl

Look at the sky.
It is so calm, so cold, so sad and so dark.

I could sit under the tree near the pathway without anyone noticing me there. Not even a simple nod.

*sighed*

A girl that made the meadow,her neighbourhood.

A girl that made the river, a place to wash her hard work.

A girl that made the tree, her home.

A girl that made heaps of straw, her comfy bed.

A girl that made the cut-into-half bottle, her glass.

A girl that made a leaf, her silver plate, and her slender fingers,her spoon.

A girl that made the forest,her shopping mall.

A girl that made her bare feet, her 5 inches heels.

A girl that made the animals in the forest, her family.

A girl that no one wanted.

She was black,
She was short,
She had thick thigh,
She had curly hair,
She had a pair of mismatched eyes.
That was what the girl looked like.

She had a mom,
She had a dad,
She had brothers,
She had sisters,
She had families,
But they never wanted the girl.

A disgrace,
An embarrassment,
A curse,
A failure,
Tagged on the girl.

Love?
Care?
Comfort?
Feelings the girl was a foreigner to.

I was the girl.

I was...different, peculiar, hideous to everyone. I was black, they were not. But tell me. Just because my skin is a shade darker, would that make me a monster?

I have blood, RED BLOOD running through my body and so do they. But still, they thought I was different. Bad kind of different.

Mismatched eyes never helped me in this case. If it did, it just made things worse.

I was peculiar. People have matching eyes but I don't and they threw it back on my face. How different was I from them, how I resembled the night monster that hid under their bed.

It hurts.

"Hey, blackie. Did mama painted your face with other shade? Because it's darker this time. And I think it suits you, doesn't it guys?"

I ran. I refused to let them see my tears. Tears were priceless and they weren't worth it.

I have my own plate and a spoon-reserved just for me.
I was lucky. Was I?
NO!

Mom put my plate in a plastic bag and placed it away from their utensils.
Why? Because my worth was lower on the ground than the filthiest animal.

They spat on the floor, to match my step. It's for good luck, they said.

I wasn't able to embrace each and every old pain they have inflicted because every new day, I am granted the chance to be treated like a princess. The Cursed Princess. New day is equal to new pain.

The last thing I did was keep everything. All the feelings I knew existed, moulded into one. And it left me feeling empty.

I was the girl that no one wanted.
I was the girl that no one loved
I was the girl that everyone felt disgusted with.
I was the isolated girl.

But one thing they never knew was, the girl they hated never stopped praying, wishing and hoping that one beautiful day, she will hold the hand of her angel and fly away to heaven where unique creatures like herself have a place to call home.

Away from their hatred because she was done.

The girl was finally free.