Chapter 2.

Zonnique ○

"First place goes to the Kennedy high lions!" The announcer shouted. I froze and covered my mouth in disbelief. We ran out onto the stage, excited as ever. Oh my goodness! We actually won- out of ten other amazing squads. Bahja and the girls held up the trophie but I received a medal for being captain/coach.

"How does it feel to win another competition?" She held the microphone up at me.

"It feels amazing! We're so blessed to be here right now."

"You know this means you girls are headed for nationals!"

"Yes!"

After discussing our win, we headed backstage where our family and friends were. Of course my parents weren't here. They never were. I watched from afar as everyone embraced their loved ones. Honestly it made me sad but I didn't show it. I always kept myself together, pretending everything is fine. As I began packing my things, someone hugged me from behind.

"Guess who."

"August." I answered, hearing that familiar southern accent. He spun me around towards him and held up a black box. My eyebrows scrunched up a bit as I grabbed it. Opening the box I saw a gorgeous tennis bracelet. It had a small heart charm on it, with the letter A engraved.

"You like it?" He beamed with happiness.

"This is beautiful. What is it for?"

"A congratulations present from me to you."

I blushed and smiled at him, before putting it on my wrist. "Well I love it. Thanks Aug."

He kissed my forehead. "You know I was thinking-"

"August!" A familiar voice exclaimed. We both turned around to see Sierra smiling. Great. She hugged him, a bit too close and for awhile.

"Oh wassup?"

"Nothing... I was wondering, do you wanna chill later?" I rolled my eyes in disbelief. Everyone knows the chill code is just another word for sex. She's such a slut.

"I'll call you." He replied.

"Alright, bye cutie." Sierra waved and walked off switching her hips.

August mouthed 'damn' then shook his head. I grabbed my duffle bag and car keys then stormed out of the building. Of course I'm jealous. Just this morning he's all over me and now he's probably going to fuck Sierra. I don't even know why I love him, obviously he doesn't feel the same. I'm probably just another booty call anyways. As I began opening the driver door, he shut it and pinned me against my car.

"August what do you want?"

"You."

"Look I'm tired and I don't feel like hearing your shit. Go ahead over Sierra house. Hopefully she doesn't give you an STD." I pried his hands of me and quickly got into the car.

***

Sunday morning, I was in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal- alone. I had no idea when my parents were coming back nor did I care. They've pissed me off to the max this time. Work comes before me all the time. I don't understand why because we're wealthy as hell. I scooped the last bit of lucky charms in my mouth and sat the bowl into the sink. As I walked into the living room, there was a knock at the door. I groaned and went to the front door then opened it. Bahja stood there looking frustrated.

"Bahj.. what's wrong?"

"Did you see what Sierra put on twitter?" She asked walking inside the house.

"What?" I became curious immediately. Bahja and I sat on the couch and she handed me her phone. I began reading the tweets, growing irritated. "@theylovesierra: he buys you diamonds while I get his love. ;)"

"His love! Correction: his penis. Ugh I hate her!"

"Read the last one."

I scrolled down to see "@theylovesierra: best night ever with him.♡" So August really had sex with her. I started to feel nauseous so I handed Bahja back the phone. I grabbed my phone send logged onto to twitter. If August wants to play- I'll play but I'll play even harder.

"Hey do you still have that guy Zoey's twitter?"

"Yeah he's my friend but why do you care..  OH!" Her face lit up like a Christmas tree. Not that I'm really interested but I just want to make August jealous. Once he sees that another guy can make me happy- hopefully he'll stop acting like man whore.

Bahja gave me Zoey's number and I decided give him a call. We met before at a party but I never talked to him much. He's one of those cool skater type of dudes, kinda bad ass. I dialed the number and patiently waited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Um hi, its Zonnique, Bahja's friend." I said shyly playing with the tips of my hair.

"Oh yeah. Shawty with the blue hair?"

"Well its not blue anymore but yeah."

"Oh aight, wassup though?"

"Are you busy later?"

"Nah."

"Would you like to go to the movies or something? Maybe dinner afterwards." Bahja smirked causing me to roll my eyes.

He paused for a moment. "Sure I'll pick you around seven. Just text me your address ma."

"Okay, bye Zoey."

We both hung up the phone moments later. Well that went perfectly. I'm kinda nervous about going out with him but whatever. I'll be sure to post pictures. I know it seems petty as hell but August started this. Guess I'm going on a date later....

____________________________________

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I was on writer's block. Also I know you guys are anxious for me to update, but writing isn't that easy. Be patient please.

If I get over ten comment I'll try to post another chapter later. If not it'll be another long wait. Thanks for reading though. ♡

[ Nahni ☆ ]