Auction

As we all sit in the van, huddled together because of the cold, the once bumpy road became smooth underneath us. We were on the highway, I wouldn't think they would go this way, I mean, they never have out of the 17 auctions we've had since I've been here. But as we finally start to feel like someone would notice the trucks and come save us, we're interrupted by the sudden harsh voice of the man in the back.

 " Alright you scums! Someone has agreed to buy all of you! You're lucky we even accepted the offer! Have fun slaving away!" He chuckles. I quickly realize that my plan, the one everyone had spent months working out, had gone to waste. We'd have to find a new way out of slavery, and fast. We all widen our eyes in fright as the road instantly feels like the dirt road back where we before. Almost like he timed it. 

The truck gradually slows to a stop as the man in the back heads towards the locked doors and starts to bang on them. As another man opens the door we are welcomed by a couple, they look very wealthy due to their attire, the woman wore a short white dress with ruffles that went down to about her knees. The man next to her on the other hand, was wearing a periwinkle suit with a white undershirt and a black tie, an awful color choice in my opinion but lord knows the second I state my opinion, I'm gonna get beat to a pulp.

We file out one by one, into our designated rows. He calls us up one by one, looking at us, measuring us, and looking everywhere, under our necks, down the backs of our shirts, under our arms, everywhere he checked us. As he was checking us, it looked like he was taking notes, like he was trying to decide where to put us and what job we will need to fulfill. As he got to me, he checked down my back, and noticed a big birthmark, " WHAT IS THIS! MARTHA! GET THE WITCH KILLER! HAVE HER MAKE SURE THIS YOUNG LADY ISN'T A WITCH!" He screamed in terror. As everyone watched, tears filled Lauren's eyes as I was dragged away, screaming and trying to run towards her, I screamed for everyone to run and that I love them all, and I screamed "no"so until I eventually was strapped to a chair. I twisted and contorted myself, trying to break free of the leather belts they used as straps. I was eventually face to face with an old, wrinkly, smelly woman, this must be the witch killer. I think to myself, sweat rolling down my face. I looked her straight into the eyes, she stared right back in them. . I feel a sudden and sharp pain in my right arm and everything goes immediately black. 

Lauren's POV

As I watched Ila struggle with blurred vision as they took her away. I feel a sudden tug on my arm as Jamal himself pulled us all into a cell, this one was much worse though. There were no walls, all we had were chain-link fences for walls and the solid earth for a floor. Which that wasn't so bad seeing as we had beds, and they gave us more food and water, they even let us shower! We didn't even have to use our drinking water! " Glad you all are FINALLY off my hands! Ta ta!" Jamal says as he smirks, waving the money that he sold us for into our faces.

It was around 8:00 pm when we heard the man that bought us come through the door and greet us. " Hello, I am your master, you will call me Master and only Master. Are we clear?" He said in a hushed passive-aggressive tone. We all nod our heads frantically. " Good. Curfew is at 9!" He says, walking off leaving us out in the cold of winter.

" Wow, he's got an attitude! " Says Jays sarcastically. " I bet he wouldn't know what an attitude was if it slapped him right across the face saying 'hey I'm Attitude!'" Courtney replies with her usual dose of wit. We all start to crack up when one of the older girls screams " IT'S 9:01 IT'S 9:01!" "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!" screams another. We all rush straight to our beds and fall asleep just as Master walks in with Ila. As he opens the door he shoves her quintessentially onto the bed right next to mine. She wasn't dead, she was alive and I couldn't be happier.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter was short again!