Tears

By the time I had fully regained my vision, it was curfew. Everyone was pissed, but Jay was probably more mad than anyone. She had been spending all her time getting to know the rice fields. Since she is somewhat insane, she claims that the rice just " speaks to her." But whatever. When she wasn't with me trying to clean the blood out of my eyes, she was pacing the rice fields. All day long.

Once we got back to the "chamber" is what the masters call it, everyone was lined up into rows by age. Luckily, all my friends are my age, so we got to stay together. But he just looked us up and down, it was really uncomfortable, but he eventually stopped and stood before us like the king this bozo thinks he is and proclaims. " I run this place different than that fool that had you before. You will actually do work instead of sitting around all day. Your jobs will be giving to you tomorrow, but until then, I will assess 5 of you tonight. If you don't pass my test, then you shall face the punishment assigned. Everyone think of a number 1-10." As we all silently think, me thinking 8, my "lucky" number. He calls is pick. " Everyone who picked 8, step forward." He commanded. My pulse quickens and my mind is rushing as I step forward. I am joined by 2 20 year olds, and a 10 year old girl. He counts us. "Now, think of  a number between 1-4." He calmly yet evilly says.  " 1, 1, 1, don't,please don't pick-" I'm cut off, " 1 " the man calls out. I stand there, I wanted to run, I had to. I had to get me and everyone else out. But how could I, how could I, a dumb, pathetic 14 year old, actually make such a difference. My thoughts were interrupted my 2 men dragging me by the arms to a room across the hall. Lauren and Courtney were crying, and Jay was being held back by 3 other men as she bit and scratched and pulled and screamed. Then, she collapsed and cried, cried harder than anyone else there. She did because she knew I was going to fail the test, that I was going to be hurt.

Once I sink back into reality. I am startled by master slapping me in the face with what looked to be a newspaper. He shoves me in a chair and slaps a paper on the table. I had learned to read on the way here and so did everyone else. But as I read through all the violence and the mentions of guns and death I realized, he was trying to get me to do something no one would do willingly. No one.

To murder Jamal

Hiya homies! Sorry its been so long and then I go write a short chapter. Trust me I hate it too. But I had to leave it on a cliffhanger.

Love you guys!