Ch 8 Part 1

Dante's pov: (Just wanted some sad music for this chapter)

Coming back to school after being placed in the hospital multiple times is rough.

I was used to the taunting.

"Hey hospital boy, how's your bruises doing?"

I was used to the whispers and stares of people as I passed by. And the rumors.

"Why was he put into the hospital?"

"I heard his parents abused him,"

"No, he did that to himself for the attention,"

I was shivering by the time I arrived into homeroom. I glanced around to see that, of course, everyone was looking at me.

I put my head in my folded arms on the desk. A couple kids kept throwing papers at my head and back. The whispers grew loud enough
to where I could hear, but the teacher couldn't.

Brrrrrriiiing

Thank Irene!

I walked out to go to my first class, gym.

At least I have a teacher who let's us do whatever we want-

"OKAY MAGGOTS, I AM YOUR NEW GYM TEACHER. ROWAN ARTIFEX IS MY NAME, BUT YOU ALL WILL REFER TO ME AS MR. ARTIFEX." A buff man wearing sunglasses and an army hat called out. "TODAY WILL BE THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR ONE HOUR. INTENSE. TRAINING!!!!"

I tried to hand him my doctors note, but he ripped up. "MAGGOT, WHILE I AM HERE, THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!" My eyes widened. I was not going to get out of this alive. "NOW GO TO THE LOCKER ROOM," He commanded.

I gulped and went into the changing room with the rest of the boys. I took off my coat, and my tie, but I hesitated before unbuttoning my shirt. Just as I had expected, everyone was giving me a disgusted look. I threw on my t-shirt, which covered the giant bruise on my stomach, but the cuts I had made were still visible. I kept cutting everytime I was beat down, not near any veins because I was too much of a wimp to do so. I even scratched up my legs a little....okay a lot.

I walked out and was making my way to the field when I bumped into someone. It was a girl, who screamed when she saw the marks on my arms and my legs. "Eek! An emo!" She then ran over to someone and hugged them.

Then the person the girl hugged and I made eye contact. It was none other than Vylad.

No. Please no.

I could feel tears rush down my face. I turned and ran to the field. Our class did a whole bunch of exercises, I was the last one to finish. I didn't eat breakfast this morning, skipped out on dinner last night, and had barely been eating this past week. (When I wrote that last sentence, Eating Like Kings started to play, oh the irony XD)

"OKAY MAGGOTS, ONE LAP AROUND THE TRACK AND YOU'RE DONE FOR THIS CLASS."

I started to jog with the other students, but quickly fell behind. I was so exhausted, but I pushed myself. I was on the last corner, about 55 meters until freedom. I somehow managed to find the adrenaline to just sprint the rest of the way. All of a sudden my stomach had the largest cramp in the world. I fell onto the concrete track, hitting my head first. The world was spinning, my whole body was numb, I had a killer headache and my stomach kept on cramping up. My breaths were very shallow, and my ankle I had twisted was starting to throb in pain.

A couple of my newly made bullies walked up to me and reeked havoc on my fallen, vulnerable body. They kicked punched and added to all of the previous pain. When they were bored, they ran off.