Chapter Eight

William and Eric saw Ravenna raise the dagger above Scarlett Rose's heart.

"No!" Eric yelled and Ravenna looked shocked at her distraction but turned around. Eric swung his sword at her and she evaporated into a flock of crows. William and Eric fought them off till the left and it became silent.

"No" Eric whimpered William saw his lover holding desperately to her sister and rushed over collapsing beside her. He lifted her up enough to hold her but not enough for the sisters to be separated. Eric did the same with Snow

"No. Now. Scarlett, No." he whispered stroking her face. He had just found her again and now she was dying. How could the world be so cruel. The dwarves arrived.

"What are you doing? You're dwarves, healers. Save them, help them." he cried  But none of them could do anything.

"No this cannot be." Muir said. Scarlett looked up to her William

"Please, Please" he sobbed. But it was too late, she along with her sister drew her last breath an closed their eyes. William as a final act of his love for the scarlet haired twin placed a last loving kiss upon hers. He pulled away and then there was light. one breath, two, three... Scarlett was breathing she gasped and opened her eyes.

"Scarlett? Scarlett! She's alive!" William cried happily

" Snow, where's Snow" she looked over and saw her sister.

"No!" i screamed moving from William's arms she took her sister from Eric.

"Snow, wake up. Wake up. It's Scarlett. Come on, we promised each other. Always and forever. You cannot leave me"

I sobbed holding my sisters dead body, i heard the dwarves talking but i paid no attention.

"Scarlett. Scarlett." I looked up at William helplessly

"She's dead." i cried

"I know, i am so sorry. I am sorry" he held me

"We will carry her Princess." Gort said and i saw what they made. I nodded and Eric lifter her on before four of them lifted her up. I just stood there feeling like a part of me was gone. William did not say anything, just picked me up and we made our final journey.

As we arrived i was still in William's arms, he did not complain just pulled me closer once in a while. Upon entering the death bell rang and my sister was taken into the cathedral.

"I will change her" i spoke for the first time. I was left with a dress and i made her look like the Queen she is.

"Sleep well, my sister. You are with our parents now. Queen of the heaven's" i placed a kiss on her head  and her hand before leaving.

In a tent i sat looking at the fabric that covered us. William and His father were arguing

"She died for us, for our cause. We cannot just hide behind these walls and watch this land and her sister die with her!" William yelled

"Your grief clouds your judgement, my son." he walked out and i followed

"But he is right" i stated looking up at them "Our grief makes things clearer. If you wish to stay i will not force you but i will not let my sister's death be in vein"

"My duty is to protect those people who come to me for help. I will defend them to the last drop of my blood, but i will not abandon these walls." there was faint shouting. I turned around and out from the cathedral came my sister.

"Snow" i breathed and ran over.

"Sister" she hugged me tightly

"I thought i lost you" we pulled away.

"Always and Forever" she breathed and i smiled nodding "We have work to do" She took my hand and walked to the Duke. I knew what she meant and i followed her lead

"Death has favoured you"

"Death favours no man. We must ride like thundering waves under the tattered battle flag of our father. "

"You must rest" he must have thought her crazy

"She and I have rested long enough" i state. Snow looks back to me and nods. We pulled away and looked at the people

"Frost to fire, fire to frost" she whispered thinking of something but i began

"Iron will melt." i began "But it will write inside of itself! All these years all we've know is darkness" i shook my head

"But I have seen no brighter light than when my eyes just opened and I came to see my sister." Snow carried on "And we know that light burns in all of you!"

"Those embers must turn to flame." i continued looking around "Iron to sword"

"We will become your weapon!  Forged by the fierce fire that we know is in your hearts!" Like since we were little we did this together. Live together, die together, as one together.

"For we have seen what she sees. Know what she knows. We can kill her. And we'd rather die today than live another day of this death!"

"And who will ride with us? Who will be our brother?!" Snow asked as we turned around

"Aye!" the raised one arm up agreeing to join us. Then all of them knelt down in front of us and i looked at my sister

"Together" she said

"Together" i replied