A long way from home part: 1

"Roll out, donkeys!" Iverson demanded as he opened the doors to the simulation ship

You all got out and stood in front of Iverson as he glared down on all of you. "Now let's see if we can't use this complete failure as a lesson for the rest of you students. Can any of you point out the mistakes that these four so-called cadets made in the simulation?" Iverson asked the rest of the cadets.

Someone raised their hand and said the most obvious thing, "The engineer puked in the main gearbox."
"Yes, as everyone knows vomit is not an approved lubricant for engine systems. What else?" Iverson said, he looked at Hunk and Hunk looked to the floor. You put a hand on his back and give him a smile, which he returned.

"The co-pilot and comm spec removed their safety harness." A tall girl said. A short girl with glasses pops up with a raised hand and yelled, "The pilot crashed!" 'Yeah no shit' you thought.
"Correct. And worst of all, the whole jump, they're arguing with each other." Iverson said."Heck, if your going to be this bad individually, you'd better at least be able to work as a team!"you flinch at the last part and look down.

"Galaxy Garrison exist to turn young cadets like you into the next generation of elite astroexploreres, but these kinds of mental mistakes, are exactly what cost the lives of the men on the kerberos mission." Pidge seemed to get ticked off by this, "That's not true, sir!" He snapped, "What did you say?" Iverson dared Pidge to repeat himself. Out of instinct you quickly slap your hands over his mouth, making him try to break free.
"Sorry, sir, i-i think he might of hit his head when he fell out of his chair, but point taken." Lance said, an apologetic smile on his face.

Iverson walked up to Lance and gave him the most serious look ever, "I hope I don't need to remind you that the only reason you're here is that the best pilot in your class had a discipline issue and flunked out. Don't follow in his footsteps." Lance had a nervous look on his face, but you caught the slightest bit of sadness in his eyes.
"Next!" Iverson called out and the next crew went into the ship. You let go of Pidge's mouth by then and you all hung your head in shame.

As you all walked away you put a hand on Lance's shoulder and gave him a considered look. "Hey, are you okay?" You ask. "I'm fine as long as your here~" Lance stated flirty. You slightly blushed but looked to Hunk for help. Hunk took your hand of Lance's shoulder, "Come on, Lance." He took Lance and walked away talking to him about something.
You were alone with Pidge now. "Hey,Pidge?" You asked. He looked up at you and hummed gesturing for you to continue. "If you don't mind me asking, what got you so worked up when Iverson mentioned the kerberos mission?" You asked. He looked away and said, "No reason, it just pissed me off, ya know?" You nodded your head and looked away. "Well I'll see ya tomorrow, [Y/N]." Pidge said.
"Yeah, see ya." You walked your separate way's and went to your dorm.

Before you could walk into the room, a hand stopped you. You looked up to see Lance and Hunk.
"What do you want guys?" You asked kinda annoyed.. "Were gonna bond as a team, but first we need to grab Pidge." Lance said. You sighed exhausted, but followed them.
"Lights out in five! Everyone back to their dorms now." Iverson announced while walking down the hall. You all peeked around the corner. "We shouldn't be doing this." Hunk said nervous.
"You heard commander Iverson, we need to bond as a team. We're gonna grab pidge, hit the town, loosen up, meet some nice girls--" Lance was cut off by Hunk "I'm just saying this here, right now, on the record. This is a bad idea." Hunk said being the voice of reason, like always.
You rolled your eyes at lance and followed them down the hall. "You know, for someone in a space exploration program, you don't have much of a sense of adventure." Lance said. You all leaned against a wall. "Well all of your little adventure's end up with me and [Y/N] in the principals office." Lance peeked his head up then grabbed your hand and pulled you down. Hunk sighed and started crawling. " Oh, man." You heard footsteps in the distance and hid in a recycling bin, Hunk and Lance did the same. "L-5 North all clear." A guard walked past you three and talked into his radio. Lance jumped out of his bin and landed on his feet, you did the same. Hunk however got stuck and fell forward, "I'm fine" he said, you looked back and giggled at him. A faint blush across his face. You follow behind lance and are suddenly pulled aside along with Hunk. You go to speak, but before you could say anything, Lance covered your mouth.
He peeked back around the corner and saw Pidge go off, he let go of your mouth making you blush a bit. "Were is he going?" Lance asked.

You follow lance and hunk up to the roof only to find pidge sitting at the edge of the roof with head phones on and high tech equipment around him. Lance crept up from behind and lifted his right headphone, "You come up here to rock out?" Lance said scarring the shit out of pidge.
"Oh, Lance, Hunk, [Y/N] no just um, looking at the stars." He said with a awkward grin.

"Where'd you get this stuff? Doesn't look like Garrison tech?" You asked. Pidge looked up at you with a shit eating grin and said " I built it." "You built all this?" Hunk asked reaching for the equipment in awe. Hunks hand was slapped away by pidge, "Stop it! With this thing, I can scan all the way to the edge of the solar system."

You let out a soft 'Woah!' "That right? All the way to kerberos?" Lance asked interested. Pidge looked up at him then to the side groaning. "You go ballistic every time the instructors bring it up, what's your deal?"Lance kinda shouted. Pidge looked at hunk again who was trying to touch his equipment with
an annoyed look saying "Second warning, Hunk!" Hunk groaned upset with pidge's response.
"Look, pidge, if were gonna bond as a team, we can't have any secrets." Lance said. You looked at pidge waiting for an answer.

"Fine. The world as you know it is about to change. The kerberos mission wasn't lost because of some malfunction or crew mistake." Hunk goes to reach for pidges equipment and he snaps, "STOP TOUCHING MY EQUIPMENT!" Hunk gives up and flops on his side.
"So I've been scanning the system, and picking up alien radio charter." Hunk bolted up in shock at what he heard, "whoa. What? Aliens?" " okay. so, you're insane. got it" lance said. "Wait, your serious!" You said with a bit of excitement.

"I'm serious. They keep repeating one word, 'Voltron'. And tonight, its going crazier than I have ever heard it." He said holding up a picture of the word Voltron all over the page with a robot holding a sword.
"How crazy?" You and lance ask in unison. "Attention, students. This is not a drill. We are on lockdown! Security situation Zulu Niner. Repeat: all students are to remain in barracks until further notice." Iverson's voice was heard over the Ap. "What's going on?" Hunk asked considered. Then something entered the atmosphere. "Is that a meteor? A very, very big meteor." Hunk freaked out a little.
Pidge took binoculars and looked through them and focused on the object. "Its a ship!" Pidge said, you took the binoculars and used them bringing pidge with you. He blushed at this but quickly recovered."whoa that's defiantly not one of ours!" You hand the binoculars to lance and he stares in awe. "No, its one of theirs." Pidge says still amazed.

"So, Wait. There really are aliens out there?" Hunk asked. Our eyes followed the ship until it crashed somewhere in the distance.
The Garrisons cars started up and traveled to the crash sight.

"We've got to see that ship!" Pidge said with enthusiasm, running ahead. Lance followed him, "Hunk, [Y/N], come on!" You started running after them.
"Oh, this is the worst team-building exercise ever." Hunk moped. You turn back to him and grab his hand pulling him along.

[A/N] ~ Hey guys I'm gonna make a part two, to finish this off I'm really tired and have to go to bed. Also I wanted to update today for you guys today. Tomorrow I have a half day so I'll update the rest tomorrow. Anyway I'll see ya guys next time! Have a great day/night! I'm going to bed bye!✋🐱