In a moment......

Clare was awoken with a blast of pain, her side pulsed with pain.  She opened her eyes to see darkness.  She felt around and realized she was in a shed.  The floor was concrete and an odd smell came from the walls and wafted in the air. 

Clare's eyes widened, she threw herself against the wall, trying to get out. "LET ME OUT!" Tears streamed down her face and she felt herself slip into a panic attack state. Her head spinned and her breathing fell uneven. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no...." she whispered to her sled as she held her head in her hands. 

A thump on the door awoke her from her trance. Light streamed in through the door and she was greeted with an angry looking man. He glared down at her and she had to suppress a whimper. He grabbed her and forcefully put her hands behind her back. He out his hand over her mouth and no matter how much she struggled he wouldn't let go. She thrashed wildly in his grip. He walked her inside a house and took her down the the basement, he walked down a couple of steps and dropped her. She rolled down the stairs, eventually slamming into the wall at the bottom. The man gave her a look of disgust and closed the door, leaving her in darkness.

She looked around the cell and almost screamed when she saw a pair of glowing eyes staring at her. She covered her mouth and curled in a ball, she let out a quiet whimper and let the tears flow freely down her face.

She felt sick, because in a moment, she realized that her life was ruined.

That wasn't depressing at all.

~your gurl Salty