Still Alive?

Familiar footsteps echoed throughout the house, pounding to the basement door. The door opened and a cruel face appeared, holding a limp body of Clare. Blood dripped from her limbs and bruises were already forming, her skin was covered in shades of blue, purple, and yellow. 

Lauren covered her mouth and horror, more tears spilled from her eyes and fell down her cheeks. Hayley's eyes widened in horror, she clenched her fist and waited.

The man carelessly threw Clare down the stairs. A sickening crack was heard, her body fell down and slammed against the wall. The door closed and both girls ran over to Clare. Her skin was slashed brutally in some areas, her shoulder was covered in scratches. Her cheekbone had a dark purple bruise forming and her hair was matted with dirt and blood. Lauren cradled Clare close to her and Hayley hastily ripped up pieces of cloth from her shirt, making them into bandages and wrapping them around Clare's cuts.

Lauren brushed her fingers through Clare's hair, gently untangling the nots and brushing the dirt out. She pulled her hand away and cried more. Hayley and Lauren carried her to the corner and set her down. Hayley set her next to the new girl who was shaking in fear. "I-Is she alright?" Lauren's eyes blazed. "Yes! She is totally fine!" She whispered venomously.

Hayley held her fingers to Clare's wrist and found a slow pulse. "She's alive.."

SHE WASN'T RAPED I PROMISE

~Yo' gurl salty