Chapter 9.

Pete walked into Brendon's apartment with a smug grin on his face. He didn't have good intentions. The jealousy was plastered on his face.

Brendon nervously stood behind Ryan, the taller one of the two. "Pete, we aren't dating."

"Ryan, I want you. I need you. I will find a way to be with you," Pete's voice slurred, alcohol on his breath. The short man inched towards the other two, extending a hand for Brendon. "Come here, I won't hurt you as long as you corporate,"

Brendon's eyes narrowed to the black haired boy, glancing at the floor in fear. The nineteen years old took two small steps in front of Pete, Ryan standing close by to protect the young one.

"Pete, leave him alone. This isn't funny. I'm your best friend and nothing more. I love Brendon, and nothing will change that. " his voice held fear and love. He didn't want anyone hurt, but he knew Pete would be the one to be hurt.

Ryan's mind flashed back and forth to the past, all of this reminded him of Brent, his summertime fling. They had more than just a seasonal thing, Brent and Ryan were irreplaceable.

Brent was a horrible guy, he pushed ryan around and ryan had to go through Brent for everything, eating, leaving the house, choosing his friends. Ryan was blinded by everyone saying they wouldn't last, he made it last.

They dated for three years until Brent snapped.

-------Ryan's Flashback--------

I stepped into my shared apartment with Brent, it was our first day living together. We had always planned on a perfect life together and I was bound and determined to prove everyone wrong. Brent and I were meant for each other.

We had the cute dates, the great sex, a good source of money and steady jobs. Everything was perfect, until I started seeing the real horror in him. I saw the devil come out of his fear piercing eyes.

He arrived home from work one evening, carrying a suitcase in one hand and a wad of money in the other. "I'm leaving for a few days." He said without making eye contact with me.

"Why, babe?" I replied shyly, afraid of the aftermath.

He rolled his eyes, obviously feeling annoyed with me. "It's none of your goddamn business, Ryan. God," he scoffed and laid the suitcase on the bed we shared.

All the memories of the inflicted pain and bruises flooded my mind. I looked at the floor, submitting to his anger out of fear.

"Brent, I have every right to know whether or not you'll be home in time for our anniversary. I have every right to know where you're going and I have every right to know what's going on with your life." I screamed at the other man.

"Ryan, for fucksake, listen to yourself, you're so pathetic. You think you control me. You're just my little toy." He took his left hand and smacked me across the face.

My face stung for a few seconds before I took the television remote and cracked him against the head with it. "Don't ever hit me again. You will not control me." The fire burning inside me grew with his next action. The giant buried me back into the same state I was in when he first yelled.

Scared and small. He was right, I was pathetic, I couldn't fight back. The devil had me in his grasp.

That was the night he brought the worst out in me.

--------------------

Brendon took ahold of Ryan's sweaty hand and held onto it as Pete slammed the front door. The youngest boy turned his face towards Ryan and gripped his shirt tightly.

"Shh, it's okay, it's going to be okay. He can't do anything to hurt you. He's just jealous," ryan reassured the small boy.

---------------

Sarah walked into the empty bedroom, planning for a new arrival. The newlyweds were already skipping ahead to children. They didn't want to settle down for a few years.

Kids were all they wanted, at least that's what ran through Patrick's head. He felt that if they had children, she could never leave him.

Patrick wrapped his arms around Sarah and kissed her neck gently. "I love you so much."