Chapter 13

"Brendon, I.. I think it would be a good idea if we remained as friends. I want to be in a happy relationship." Ryan said through the phone speaker, playing with his button down shirt he had on.

Brendon looked at the rainy sky outside, the drops of rain racing each other down the window. "I understand, I'm sorry for wasting your time. Enjoy your life with Pete." The 19 year old hang up the phone, calling the one person he'd never think to call in a million years; Spencer.

The young boy dialed the number to his ex-boyfriends phone. He let the phone ring and ring until finally, the man answered. "Long time, no talk. You finally decided to come back?" The man on the other end spoke with confidence.

~flashback~

Spencer wrapped his arms around Brendon's small frame, taking over most of his body with his own. It was his way of telling Brendon that Spencer owned him.

Brendon was terrified to leave, Spencer was all he knew, especially in these parts of town. He lived with the pain. "You know what we should do?" Spencer spoke and kissed Brendon on the top of the head.

Brendon shook his head and sighed. "Spencer.. I can't do this anymore.."  Spencer struck brendon across the face forcefully. The younger boy held the side of his face in shock. "I'm tired of getting beat on, Spence," he whispers and looked down at the ground.

Spencer wrapped his arms around Brendon's waist, kissing him softly. "Fine."

-end of flashback-

Brendon packed his necessities and left. He had nothing in that town but bad memories and heartbreaks. He moved to a small unknown town and bought a dog, naming it Penny. He no longer spoke to Ryan, Spencer or Sarah. They were all bad news in his opinion, leaving himself to the sunset.