Kill or Kiss Me?|I, the Genius

Chapter Ten - I, the Genius

|🎧Playlist - Akane Iro by Lovely Complex Ost|

"Diaz, I present to you my masterpiece," I slid the paper to him and he grabs it, then looks at me with hesitation in his eyes before reading.

"This is the lyrics you promised?" he says while reading.

"Yeah. I poured all my heart into writing it. It was like I was relieving those memories and humiliations once more," I joked but deep inside it was true. I was crying as I wrote it since it reminded me of my foolish thoughts.

I'm such a hopeless romantic.

"Butterfly..." he trailed off and put the paper down, then looked at me. "--this is good. How did you do this?"

"Experience helps Diaz," I grin and lean close to him. "--so am I a genius now?"

He pushes my face and crosses his arms with a scorn look in his eyes. "Even if it's against me to say it. You're good."

"So do you have any tune for it?" he asks and I grin like a mischevious cat. I clear my throat and began singing.

Where do broken hearts go?
When it breaks, does it heal itself?
Why am I always a fool when it comes to love?
I always believe that prince charming could come anytime
But then he never comes

Am I supposed to be the prince charming?
Guessing by this cursed height and aura, it's  like I'm no match for guys
Where I wish to be held and treated like a princess
But in everyone's eyes I'm the prince.

"Why did you stop?" he asks and gives me a suprised look when he sees me tearing up. "Hehe, don't worry it's just this stupid tears."

"But that's how my tune goes," I say as I wipe my tears.

"Well, you know what? How about you sing it?" he says and I look at him like he's stupid. "Of course I'll sing! Who else would sing? Mr. Hansei?"

"I mean you sing on your own," he rubs his temples and gives me a glance. "--do you want me to sing such a personal song? Do you want me to sing about a princess being a prince?"

"Well I'm not yet done with the 2nd verse," I scratch my head. "--I could make one for you. I mean what if you get admirers if you looked cool on stage?"

He rubs his chin in a deep thought. "Well that would be great. I could play the guitar and sing at the same time. Maybe I could look cool, don't you think?"

"Say, I haven't heard you sing," I say in realization to him. He shrugs. "Why should I sing randomly? That's just nuts."

"Say, Diaz," I gaze at the window as I feel the cold wind tickle my skin. "--about Last Saturday. I said I feel better already, but actually I'm not."

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "I accepted it already but it still kinda stings. How about you? Have you move on from her?"

He looks at me seriously. "Do you think I'd just forget my feelings that easily? Of course not. But what can I do? No time moping around."

"But I never saw you so...starstruck with someone," I glanced at him. "--it looked as if you really like her so much. Even if you deny it, your eyes say so much that you can't say."

"That's none of your business," he scoffs and looks away. "--what do you imply? Do you want me to fight for her?"

"I just...I'm wondering," I reply and stare deeply into his hazel eyes. There's so much you can express, yet you can't,  can you?

"Anyway, I hope you got the guitar finished by the end of the weekend," I grin and he clicks his tongue. "--how am I supposed to practice when you haven't even finished the lyrics yet?"

"My bad," I chuckle lightly. Diaz, you're really....

March 29,2020