(34) the first date of many

second to last chapter people! i'm excited to see how this all ends out! i love you guys so much! i really hope you have enjoyed this!

i changed some pictures around so you've probably seen this picture before. there's a new one where it once was so yeah. that's how ashton looks for the date!

this chapter is so long, you're welcome!

-------------------------------

•month nineteen: part 2•

"They should be here by now Ashton!" Calum exclaimed worriedly. "Where are they?"

Calum was pacing back and forth, the floorboard creaking under his weight in a pattern. Ashton watched his distressed lover tug at his hair. He stopped Calum in his tracks by putting his hands on Calum's waist. "They'll be here okay? It's only five after. It's all going to be okay."

Calum nodded, taking a deep breath. "You're right. I'm just...I want this night to go perfect."

Ashton smiled widely like a little child smiling for a yearbook picture. His hair was in a bun, his outfit neat but casual. He had decided to wear his brown circle glasses to the date, even though he should be wearing them everyday. Calum was dressed casual, to which Ashton didn't mind. He didn't care what he wore or looked like, he would love him either way. He did love him either way.

The doorbell rang, signaling the barely late babysitters. Calum ran to the door, opening it quickly to let cool air rush in. "Hey!"

"Hey sorry. This one was taking forever to get ready." Alex pointed his thumb towards Jack who made a face and flipped him off. Ashton laughed softly as the pair came into the home while Calum went over to Harley to pick her up.

"Hey little one! You remember Alex and Jack from your birthday party don't you?! They're going to take care of you for the evening! Daddy and...daddy are going out! Don't think we don't love you because we love you very much!" Calum kissed Harley's cheek dramatically to which she smiled at.

Ashton was putting on his shoes as Calum handed Harley over to Jack. "Be careful with her okay? Emergency phone numbers are on the fridge. We'll be back possibly late."

"We got this Calum. She's in good hands." Alex said. "Just have fun and try not to worry about her. It's all going to be okay."

Calum nodded before smiling softly. "Thanks Alex."

"You're welcome."

"Ready babe?" Ashton took Calum's hand with a smile. "Bye Harley! I love you lovebug!"

"Yeah let's go before I change my mind about letting Jalex watch Harley." He whispered into Ashton's ear. Ashton nodded with a chuckle and lead Calum out the door. He closed the door and took Calum to his car. He opened the passenger door for him, making him blush deeply. Calum got into the car and settled himself in as Ashton closed the door and got into the driver's side.

"I'm really glad we were able to do this." Calum said over the radio once they were on the road. Ashton's hazel eyes glowed brightly out of happiness as he glanced at Calum with a big smile. Calum's heart melted.

"Me too. I've been wanting to go out with you for the longest time." Ashton said while blushing deeply. Calum could feel is heart start to beat faster.

"How long?"

Ashton reached over and grabbed Calum's hand across the dashboard. "A long time Cal."

Calum felt his stomach explode into butterflies and his nerves sky rocketed. Ashton squeezed his hand out of comfort which settled Calum down a little bit. The radio played a soft pop song while the boys both got quiet. Calum pulled out his phone to check and see if Alex or Jack has texted him.