Epilogue.

5 years later.

Dry leaves cascaded along with the autumn air as I carefully walked past gravestones.

A fresh bouquet of lilies in hand, a solemn brown coat on, wind ruffled the petals against the leaves.

I stopped by one particular grave, not a speck of dust on it. Slowly opening up the bouquet, I parted the flowers into two bunches, placing them on either side of it, replacing the dried ones.

An ache shot through my chest. How I wish I could have done something. How I wish I was there for you.

"Jungkook." A voice sounded from the other end, getting closer to me.

I turned to look at you, walking with a warm smile on your face. You hugged me as I tucked you under my arm, butterflies set free in my stomach, like always. The feeling never got old.

"You think they're happy?" You asked; an undertone visible in your voice. I pulled you closer, gently placing my lips on your forehead, staying there a second longer before pulling back.

"They are." I replied, smiling down at your parents.

A smile immediately laced along your lips before you held my hand, leading me out.

For so many years we've fought against the storm, tears spilled, scars gained but once, just once we succumbed to our own and it felt right.