Gateway to Gehenna

Chapter 8

Ethan Winters

There is no time to loose.

Mia is alive -- theoretically -- and I've got to come to her.

No words could explain how I was feeling. I didn't know if I should be happy or not. I don't know if I was excited or scared. The car was filled with an atmosphere of my nervous apprehension. Millions of questions race to my head faster than a lightning bolt. Some could even yield a few more questions.

Why was she gone?

Why was she in Louisiana?

What was she doing all along?

Is she doing well?

Why didn't she told me anything happening to her?

Does she still even care for me like I do?

Why she just contacted me now, after 3 fucking years of sulking and worrying?

I don't know... eventually... maybe... I'll know.

Dust in the Wind played on the radio. I was driving my car on the highway with all the windows open letting the wind blow and the harsh sun land on my skin. I wish it would clear my mind... somehow.

It was 3:00 PM when I paused my trip at a gas station -- already at Louisiana but not yet in Dulvey.

I had my shades on as fill my car with unleaded diesel fuel. The pump wouldn't accept my credit card so I have pay inside the store.

I walked to the cashier and followed the line of some other customers paying for the food, gas and other things they picked at the store. I decided to get Funyuns on the rack. As I went back to the line, overheard some ladies talking.

"Hey, girl, before I forget to share to you... you don't know what creepy story I just got from the locals at Dulvey," girl 1 says

Her conversation buddy scoffed and said, "If it's creepy, don't tell me. It isn't true."

"Just hear me out cause this could explain the outdated YouTube channel of Sewer Gators. I mean, I have no reason to talk to Drake right now. Sewer Gators are our only common ground," girl 1 said

I listened at them interested since they were talking about Dulvey.

I saw girl 2 rolled her eyes as I glanced at my back.

She says, "Ugh... you're into Drake, again?"

"Yeah. Whatever. Just listen."

"Fine. Fine," reluctance filled her voice.

"Just this June, Sewer Gators went to a house at Dulvey to investigate and shoot an episode there. Didn't you noticed that they haven't uploaded yet?"

"Yeah, yeah... I have. Proceed."

"Well, locals told me that the house really was haunted and it gra--."

"Grabs souls and blah-buh-blah," girl 2 continued girl 1's sentence

"Kinda. Listen. Locals even had sightings of a family of ghosts near that house. There are a couple of police reports that many people are missing because of that," girl 1 continued.

"So are you saying that those cases are somehow connected to the Sewer Gators being missing?" asked girl 2.

"Yeah. Because of the ghost of the family. That's what the locals told me. But three years before it wasn't like that. The Bakers that originally residing that farm house turned out to be missing for three years, now."