Chat and Chill

Chapter 24

Ethan Winters

"Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh!"

"Grrrrrrrrrr!"

Slam!

Travis and I cachinated and wheezed as we tried to catch our breathes after slaming the scorpion door shut.

"Did you see his face?"

I nodded as I can't answer because of my uncontrollable laughter continued.

"He can't... he... he ca... he c--" Travis couldn't even finish his sentence.

He literally can't.

We literally can't get over the fact that we had to run away from Papa Baker like that. As soon as we exited the living room, we heard him groaned "There you are!" We both looked at each other, freaked out and started an impromptu dramatic skit of a scardy boy running away from a monster. We did a few circles around the table before even exiting east wing of the first floor.

A few more weird sounds came out of our lungs before our laughter subsided.

We both continued to catch our breathes before a deafening silence took over.

"Now what?"

* * *

"I'm already 28," he answered my question

After acting and laughing out loud, we both decided to sit on the floor back at the incenerator room. There were a whole lot of moist monsters to deal with on the other side of that door, so we figured out that it would be better to wait for a while. We made sure the door was closed so no moist monster could disturb our serenity. It would also be a best opportunity for me to rest and to talk to Travis, too. After all, he is my new found companion. I've had thoughts and plans on taking this molded guy with me to escape out of this hell. Like he blinking fluorescent light above us, ideas kept on popping up.

"Thought you were a teenager," I said.

Awkward silence filled the air for a while.

"Hmm... well, how 'bout you?"

"I'm turning 33... next week," I said.

"Really? Advance happy birthday, then. Thought you were on your mid 20's, too."

"I'll take that as a compliment. And thanks, by the way," I awkwardly said.

Silence takes over for a while as I played with the dissection room key.

"Wanna come to my house for a small party?"

Ugh... why do conversations with an acquaintance were made to be this awkward?

He smiled, "I would love to."

Then silence, again.

"Wanna come to my birthday, too?" he asked.

"Hell yeah..."

Then, silence again.

God... can you feel the awkwardness?

"Well, the world's being shit to us and here we are sitting on the floor, talking about how we look younger than our age and inviting each other on each other's birthdays," I half joked.

A small chuckle escaped both our throats.

"Then, let's be shit to the world, too," he added "There's nothing wrong on being a shitty person sometimes. Talk shit. Think shit. Take a shit."