Barrens

They reach the woods and leave their bikes on the side walk. They make their way through the woods and down to the tunnel-
"Hey stop here!" Erin scowls out of the window, huddled up against Henry, his arm around her, keeping her close,
"What is it?" He looks around the corner and spots Ben heading up the steps into the library.
"Can we sneak up on him? Please, please?" She pouts and Henry smiles,
"I've got a better idea. Patrick, park over there." The car jerks into a corner under a tree, hidden. Henry climbs out and tugs Erin by the hand and she skips alongside him.
"What are we doing"
"Waiting-"
"Eeee!" She squeals a little as Henry leans up against the memorial, she waits eagerly for Ben to emerge.
Meanwhile, inside, Ben Hanscom flicks through the pages of an old book. Derry's history, he stops as he hears laughter. It's a library? Be quiet? He turns in his seat as he spots something out of the corner of his eye; a red balloon? He shuts the book, not taking his eyes of this undulating, hypnotizing orb and follows it as it effortlessly glides to the stairs, he looks at the floor, an egg? Hm, maybe someone's playing a game. He steps closer and spots another further down the hall, and another, and another. It leads him to the basement where the line suddenly stops. What now? He looks at the cavern of darkness in front of him and hears a step. Ah the librarian, he turns, expecting to see a greasy old lady who's been sat in a chair for 47 years of her life, but two small feet slump down onto the steps. Lower. Lower...