T W E N T Y - S I X

Layla

my heart was about to jump straight out of my chest at any moment, the concert already died down, the fans were all done with the meet and greets, now it was time to spend some time with the boys and...luke.

"mikey justed texted us to meet them in the bus, let'ts go." chris breaks the silence and unbuckles her seatbelt.

"uh yeah, alright." my voice was shaky and i can tell that chris knew i was having a major anxiety bomb being ignited in my body.

"look layla, i know this whole thing is pretty insane, and meeting the guy you feel in-love with online is going to be even more insane-"

"i never said i fell in-love with him-"

"you never said it, but i can tell you do lay, by the way you talked about him, how you would go on and on about your guys late night conversations, the things he would tell you. Layla, you gushed about him for the past three months."

"...i just...he's lied about who he was this whole time." i sigh, we were already out of the car and walking to the bus where the boys are waiting for us.

"come on, face your fears." we were already standing three feet to the bus, i take a deep breath before we went to the door.

chris took charge and knocked on the door and we waited to see which smiling aussie boy was going to greet us.

the door opens and ashton greets us.

"just the two faces i've bee waiting to see." his smile makes the atmosphere brighten us a bit.

"hey ashton, this still pretty much blows my mind that we're actaully friends ya know." chris laughs as we step into the bus.

"i mean hey, gotta thank your friend here." he takes a seat on the couch and mikey and calum are already getting out of the back room to greet us.

"hey mikey, calum, where's you know who." chris hugs them and i do after.

"he's out back, he's waiting for layla."

a nervous sigh escapes my lips.

"you got this, he's been stressing about what he was gonna explain himself." calum says.

"well, wish me luck."

i step outside the bus, i pulled my jacket tighter around me, the cold air whipped against my legs.

shorts, what a great idea to wear to a concert that obviously end at night.

i turn and see luke, in all his glory.

my fan self would've freaked out but i wont.

"luke?"

"oh uh layla i-"

"...hi"

"so, you wanted to talk, let's talk."

"i just wanted to explain myself."

"i got the time."

"...layla, i know i shouldn't have lied to you about who i was, i should've been myself, but i was afraid you were going to just use me for my fame, use me because i was luke hemmings the guy in a band. i didnt want to freak you out either. i knew if i became robert you wouldnt suspect anything unusal."

"im just so sorry i lied to you this entire time."

i stood quietly, listening to every word, as his final words hung in the air i let them sink into my thoughts.

"layla?"

i took a deep breath before letting my emotion spill out.

"luke, robert, who ever you say you are, at first i thought 'wow i finally met someone who i can finally relate to' but discovering who you really are, i dont care that you are famous, i would've accepted you for you luke. you're special, you're unique in every way, i wouldn't change you for anyone in the word."