T W E N E T Y - N I N E

layla

as we played ski ball, many laughs and a few kisses were shared between Luke and I. Literally best day in my entire life.

"layla?"

"yeah?"

"Wanna get out of here for a while?"

"a chance to get some alone time? Sure."

"okay, let me inform the guys and we'll go." He presses a quick peck onto my cheek.

jesus, what a god.

"Okay let's go, the place isn't that far, so would walking be okay?" his hand slips perfectly into mine.

i simply nod and with that we exit the arcade.

As soon as we stepped outside the breeze hit my skin, fresh and cool. Weather like this will always be my favorite.

"so where is this place that we are going to?"

"its a secret."he throws in a cheeky wink and keeps his pace with me.

"hm."

"don't worry its gonna be fun."

"how do I know that you're not gonna kidnap me?"

"because I wouldn't hurt you, plus you already stole my heart so technically you kidnapped me."

"wow."

"you're so corny its cute."

"well, I do try my best."

We then walk in a comfortable silence to this location.

...

"Here we are."

"A park."

There were no kids here but a person strolling with their dog, it was quiet and peaceful.

"Come on, let's sit over here."

He leads me to the swings, going through the playground brings back memories of when I was a kid, with my braided pigtails running wild.

we sit side by side and slowly swing.

"this is a dream." i say.

"if this is a dream, I never want to wake up."

"Its literally so crazy Luke."

"What is?"

"I finally met someone who I can be myself with, someone who understands me."

"I never thought the person I was meant to be with was you. Its one hell of a dream."

"even if we met over a mistake, I'm glad one of us thought to message back."

"If no one had, god knows what would've happened in the end."

"I like this ending better."

I look up and he's staring straight at me, his ocean blue eyes staring deep into me, searching for every emotion that thrives within me.

"The ending where I'm here with you, the ending where I'm wrapped around your finger, the ending where I finally get to wrap my arms around you."

"its all so crazy, it doesn't even seem real."

"Believe it, it is real."

"I really have fallen for you."

"And I'm here to catch you."

"you corny breadstick."

"hey, I am a penguin for your information."

"right." I laugh.