With You, For Forever

A/N: This is gonna be a little different. This is sort of a crossover, if you could call it that. It’s sort of an alternate ending to Corpse Bride. For those of you that have not seen the movie, sorry. It can still be read by itself, and I hope you like it! Magnus is Emily, Alec is Victor.

Disclaimer: Alec: “She does not own us. Cassie does, and-”

Magnus: “Tim Burton owns the fabulous movie Corpse Bride!”

Song: “You Found Me” by The Fray. Then “Blackbird” the Glee version because I like the tone of that version.

Magnus could not register what he was doing. He could not think straight. Every ounce of his thoughts were going towards his legs to take him far away from there. He could not stay. He felt as if he could hardly breathe. It was all he could do before his foot got caught on an above ground root, and falling hard to the ground, his foot and lower leg still stuck on the root. He let out a loud cry of frustration.

Stupid fucking leg!

He crawled back over to where it was, violently yanking it free. He positioned it and connected it back to his knee. He let out a sigh, attempting to get up. It was as if his whole body were in pain, muscles straining. If only I had any feeling…

He simply did not have the strength to get up. He gave up, and crawled over to a nearby tree, and collapsed against it. He had no clue where he was, not caring where he was going when he was running, only caring that he got away from there. His eyelids fluttered open, and he laughed bitterly. Of course his unconscious mind brought him here.

He looked around. He was in the woods. The same place where that fateful night happened.

He started to laugh. Why? He had no idea. Maybe I’m finally going insane.

As soon as the laughing started, he let out a hoarse cry, and started to sob.

It made no sense to him. He felt a pain like he had never experienced before. He felt as though there was a huge weight suffocating him, even though he didn’t need to breathe.

His heart didn’t beat anymore. So why did it break and tear at the seams with every cry and tear?

Of course this would happen. What did he expect? It was too good to be true since the start.

An angel does not simply appear out of nowhere, and ask to spend the rest of their life with you, to love you for all eternity. Of course it had been a misunderstanding.

But…he had still let himself fall for the boy. Still opened up his bandaged heart, hoping, that for once, it didn’t matter. That it didn’t matter that he was too skinny, or too eccentric, or that he didn’t care for the gender of the people he loved, that it didn’t matter that he was different... Dead…. That maybe the boy wouldn’t break his heart…

He pulled his knees to his chest, wrapping his lanky arms tightly around them.  

Of course, back there, he had put on a brave face. Masked a fake smile that took years to perfect.

He only wanted the best for him. Now he could have the perfect life he always wanted. A big house, money, a perfect husband.  Mister living, with his rosy cheeks, and beating heart….

He buried his face in between his legs, trying to stifle his cries of pain, sobs racking his body.

The boy would live a happy life now. That’s what was important. That he was happy now. He deserves it. But it still didn’t make the pain hurt any less.