Chapter 13. Sister?!

What. What? WHAT? WHAT?! No, no, this is impossible! She's just crazy!
- Wait-wait-wait. - I murmured, coming closer to the grounder. - This is a mistake. Because I... I'm not your brother!

Everyone seemed to be shocked exactly as I was, considering how they shifted their looks from me to the woman, trying to understand what the hell was going on. The prisoner just smirked - she obviously liked confusing other people.
- Oh, pretty sure you are. - She said.
- Aiden? - Honor looked at me in surprise.

I gasped, suddenly feeling dizzy.
- Once again - I am not your brother! - I growled. - I'm an orphan, I don't have any family at all! Besides, even if I had, we are from completely different worlds! You... You are crazy.
Something like fear appeared in the woman's eyes, as she tried to break free.
- We must take her to The Founder. - Miragold said still in shock. - She'll deal with... All of it.

- No! No, you... You can't! - The grounder screamed, struggling against Miragold's and Jordan's iron grip.
I held my forehead in confusion, because my brain was almost exploding. So many secrets, so many possibilities. Maya and Gill friendly touched my forearm, making sure I was alright.
- I'm fine. I'm fine. - I tried to smile. - It's just...
- Yeah, no kidding! - Maya chuckled.
- Don't worry, boss. - Gill patted my back, but very weak. - something is wrong with her head that's all.

- Let go! - I suddenly heard a prisoner screaming and turned around.
Despite her hands were tied behind her back, she was still fighting. Honor was almost bit, while two other guards wasted all their powers to hold the woman in one place. But if before she used to fight because she'd wanted freedom, now she was really scared.
- Look, just go nicely, and we won't hurt you any more! - Honor almost put a gag around the prisoner's mouth, but she shook her head so fast, there was no possibility to keep this gag in her mouth.

- Aiden, talk to her! - Maya suddenly gasped.
- Why? - I didn't understand.
- Because she'll listen to you. - Gill bit his lower lip. - Go!
I sighed and came closer to the fighting woman. Right, now I just had to somehow calm her down. I gestured Honor to remove the gag and she hesitated for a moment, but then did it. The grounder growled and looked at me furiously and scared.

- What are you doing?! - Jordan groaned. I just ignored him.
- Why do you think I'm your brother? - I asked the first thing that came to my mind. - You don't know a thing about me.
Even though the question was completely irrelevant, it did the trick. The prisoner calmed down and chuckled like crazy.
- But do. - She finally said. - You were found when you were only five years, weren't you?

I gasped, staring at the woman. In the orphanage they told me that they had discovered me when I'd been only five, it's true. But how did she know about this? The grounder continued talking:
- I know lot things about you, Aiden, even something you don't. That mental disorder you have? You have inherited  from our mother. By the way, she was one who's sent you to world you think your home.
- And why did she do that? - I asked.
Of course, I didn't believe a word she said. But somebody once told me it was better to agree with psychopats.

She grinned.
- You see, I'm not very talkative with a sword near throat. - The grounder pointed at the blade Jordan held near her neck.
- Right. - I gasped. - But you see, as far as I know, all three swords here are enchanted with "sharpness", and it makes them even stronger. So, you either tell us everything we want, or...
Looks like we really were family after all - at least, she was as scared of pain as I was. It was like two different sides of her personality were fighting for the control over her body. Miragold put her blade even higher, under the chin of the woman.

- Well? - A short guard asked, loosing patience. The grounder sighed and nodded.
- The only thing I say is that there was prophecy. - She confessed. - I... I can take you to temple where it written, but you have set me free.
- A prophecy? - Jordan scoffed. - And are we supposed to believe it?
- It does sound as a lie. - Maya agreeded. Gill and I just nodded.
- But it's true! - The prisoner claimed. - I can show you...