Chapter 1

Claire-Yoshino's POV

I sit on my bed in the hospital that I'm stuck at. My door opens up and I look to see someone walk in that I haven't seen before.

"Hello. Claire-Yoshino, right," he says.

"What do you want," I ask him as he sits in a chair in my room.

"My name is Robert Hawkins. I came here to talk with you," he says.

"Are you here to convince me that I'm mentally insane and that everything that I saw, and heard is a lie that I made up," I say as I look at him. "Well if so then you can just leave. Because what I experienced is the truth."

"I'm not here to convince you otherwise. I work at the Community Center and I want to help you get out of here. I don't think you are insane. I think you just need some help," Mr. Hawkins tells me. "I have a son your age. Maybe the next time I come and visit you I can bring him and his older sister so you have some friends."

"It would be nice to have some friends," I say.

"Alright. So you want to tell me that happened to end a beautiful girl like you here," he ask me.

"Well my parents were murdered and then I went to a foster home. The wife of the man who said he would foster me is cheating on him with his boss. She got rid of me here so that I don't tell him. She told them I was mentally unstable and not to believe a word I said."

"Ok. So I believe if we have proof that she did this just to keep her secret hidden, then you will be set free," Robert Hawkins says.

"So then how do we do that," I ask.

"I'll have to figure that out Claire-Yoshino," he says.

"Also, just call me Cy. It's spells C-y for my name. You pronounce it like the world sigh. The word is spelled as s-i-g-h," I tell him.

"Alright. That's good to know Cy. Anyway, what do you want to talk about," Mr. Hawkins ask me.

So we just chat for some time until he have to leave. I say farewell and he leaves. I look back out the window, wanting to be outside again.

"What a beautiful day," I say as I smile softly.

Virgil's POV

I walk towards my house with my friend Richie. We talk about me being Static and the different villains. We then talk about school and comics.

"Dude did you read the newest comic for PlantMan? It was wicked," Richie says.

"I haven't have the time yet. So what happened," I ask as we walk inside of my house.

Richie starts to explain the plot as we head to my room. We sit and chat about different things. I hear the front door open.

"Virgil, Sharon you guys home," my pops says.

"I'm in my room with Richie Pops," I call down and I hear him walk towards my room. "What's up?"

"Next week I'm going to visit a girl yours and Richie's age where she is staying for the time being. I would like you and Sharon to come the next time I visit her so that she have some friends," my dad explains.

"Yeah sure. When's the next time you visit her," I ask.

"This Saturday," he says.

"Mr. Hawkins, can I come too," Richie ask him.

"If that's alright with your parents you can come," my dad says.

"Alright. I better go anyway. See you later V," Richie say as he leaves.

"So where she anyways," I ask my dad.

"The foster woman who was taking care of her put her in a mental hospital because of something she was the foster mother doing," he explains. "I don't want you to judge her before you even meet her. She's nice and is sweet. You will also be able to relate to each other since she lost her parents too."

"Alright Pops. I won't judge her until I meet her in person," I say.

"That's good. Now where is your sister?"

"I think she's with Adam."

"Ok. I'll call her and ask her to come home. I want to tell her what we are doing Saturday."

"Alright. I'll go get cleaned up now," I tell him.

"Alright Virgil. You have a test tomorrow too. You ready for that," he ask me.

"Of course Pops. Physics is easy. Though English on the other hand, I'm going to study for that," I tell him.

"Alright. See you in a bit," my pops says as he head to the kitchen.

I grab what I need and I head to the bathroom to take a shower. The good thing is, I know how not to short-circuit when I'm taking a shower. I get a use battery(or empty glass jar) and put all my power in it. Then I take a shower. After I'm all dry I absorb the electricity back and TADA! Richie is going to make a device that can hold my electricity so that if I run out I can absorb my stored electricity in that and continue to fight. I finish my shower and I get ready for dinner. I head down to see Pops and Sharon talking.

"So is she coming along," I ask Pops.

"Yup. Now to eat then Homework."

"Ok," I say.

We sit down and eat dinner. I wonder what she is having at the mental hospital. Maybe I will sneak some candy in for her.