Why Do Single People Give Best Relationship Advice

Why Do Single People Give Best Relationship Advice?

Yup. I'm the one. The friend that is always single but gives great relationship advice.

Why is that? How come I give best advice on a topic I, by logic, shouldn't be an expert in?

"We teach best what we most need to learn."

This sentence right here. This is the truth. I'm actually really good at reading people and their situations, but how come I'm blind as a bat when it comes to relationships in my life?

The answer is quite simple actually; when you're in love, have a crush, the part of your brain that is in charge of good decision making, shuts down. This is why we become fearless when we're in love – not because we're actually brave, but because our brain doesn't recognize the stupidity of what we're about to do. You're also flooded by different hormones causing you to feel the same 'happiness' you feel when you take drugs – basically love makes you an addict. This is why we feel like we're addicted to a person sometimes – because we actually are.

Basically – heart is stupid and it makes your brain stupid, as well. You are incapable of looking at your situation objectively, so you ask someone who can – which can be a person in a relationship, or better yet – a single person whose head isn't messed up by them hormones. If you're truly looking for an objective answer, you should always ask a single person.

But if we're really good at giving advice and seeing things as they are – can we do something to see our things clearer, less subjective?

You can read the rest of the article at: ikatbooks.blogspot.si