me too

sometimes it blows my mind on how much wrong there is in our world. it's weird that everyday there's something new and it's hateful and no one's doing anything about it. it makes me feel even more alone in our world.

one thing that still makes my body hurt and my heart sink is the fact that men think they can get away with doing awful things to women. i hear accusations almost everyday and they're from people i don't expect. i hate that we have to call people out for doing something so harmful for us even though in their eyes it's completely normal.

take for instance, this week i found out two people i admired yelled and abused women. i loved these two so much, they inspired me and my best friend to do incredible things and even created something that has helped my life in so many ways and now all of a sudden it came crashing down when the accusations came out.

i hate that i'm still young. everyone i know tells me that i'm still a child who doesn't know what's going on in our world and expects the adults to explain it to her. we need change in our world.

i can't wait until i'm old enough to tell a younger generation how powerful women are, especially during this movement. we're exposing things slowly by slowly.

and in my heart, i genuinely think we're bringing change. as of now, it's small, but it's change. change is good.