Chapter 8

Mary felt as though a weight was lift off her shoulders. A weight she'd been carrying all her life. Mary sat in her fathers chair, her feet up. For once she was relaxed. A knock came at her door. Mary got up and looked through the peek hole. Jackson. Mary smiled and opened the door. "Hi!" She said excitedly. "Hey, you doing anything?" He asked curiously. "No nothing. Why?" She asked. "Well I was wondering if you wanted to hang out over my place." He said quietly. "Sure." Mary said with a slight shrug. Jackson smiled as she stepped out, shutting and locking the door. They got into Jacksons car and started driving.

Mary and Jackson sat on the couch watching a movie. Passing popcorn back and forth. Mary was laying on Jackson, his arm around her. Mary felt normal. She felt happy. For once in her life. Jackson more focused on her instead of the movie. 'You can't fall for her, not really. You have to get rid of her. Shes the last pawn on the chess board and your the king. Take her out and you'll win everything.' His mind told him but the feeling in his gut and in his heart said otherwise. He sighed and looked at the movie. 'All she wants is a normal life.. Why do i have to ruin that?' He asked himself but he really didn't care. His hand that was not on Mary's shoulder was hiding behind the couch. The movie was at the end credits. Mary sat up and looked at him. She stretched and yawned "That was good." She and smiled. "Are you sure you didn't sleep through half of it?" He asked with a chuckle. Mary laughed and pushed on his chest. Jackson laughed again, as Mary stood up her back facing him. Jackson stood up quickly covering her eyes with his hand and her mouth in a cloth. Her eyes became heavy and she blacked out. Jackson picked her up and carried her down a flight of stairs into a basement. He carries her through a large metal door with a pin code. He put it in and carried her inside, the door shutting slowly with a big bang.