Aunt Jenn

Patrick's pov

It was Friday and I started to get ready for school. I lived with my Aunt Jenn ever since my mom had died. She was in the kitchen making breakfast. "Hey Patrick I'm making pancakes do you want some before you head out?" "Yeah sure! Smells great Aunt Jenn!" I walked over to the table and hung my book bag on the back of the chair and sat down. "Don't forget to take your meds before you leave. We don't need another incident like last week." She was constantly on me about taking medicine. "You can't make me keep taking them." "Yes I can, I am not going to be living with a faggot under my own roof." She began ranting and lecturing me about how "gays are ruining the country". 

"I'm not gonna keep having this conversation with you." "Well we are gonna keep having this conversation until you keep taking your meds and get better. I will send you to shock therapy again if I have to and that's final!" I truly don't and will never understand why she hates gays so much. "I can't believe you! You keep trying to change who I am and no matter how much medicine or shock therapy you make me get! I'm not gonna change and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it!" I screamed at her then grabbed my stuff and ran out the door. As I was walking down the road an old gray car pulled over on my side of the concrete. "Hey Trick it's Pete...do you need a lift to school?"

"H-hey there P-Pete. And uh...no I c-can walk." "Are you okay is something wrong?" By now tears were streaming down my face. "I-I'm f-fine re-really." I said as I was practically bawling my eyes out in front of him. Pete got out of his car and gave me a hug. I hugged him back tight. For some reason he made me feel safe even though I barley know him. He was rubbing circles in my back. I pulled away from our hug and wiped away the tears on my face, but they were replaced with new ones. "I'm right here if you want to get something off your chest." I really don't know why he cares so much. I have this weird feeling that I can trust him with my life as if I have known him my whole life.

"I-I-I." I couldn't get out the words that I was gonna say, so I just stood there. Pete gave me a pitiful look and placed his hand on my shoulder. "C'mon we can skip today. Let's go drive around so you can calm down a bit." He offered, but I had to refuse, not because I didn't want to, but because I couldn't miss anymore school. "I-I can't I gotta b-be at s-school." I pulled back a little, but just enough for Pete to take the hint to take his hand off my shoulder, and then I pulled the sides of my thin sweater closer together in an attempt to get some kind of warmth. "Okay then, how about we can go calm you down a little, then we can go back to school when you're ready." Why does he keep on insisting on trying to help. "I just don't wanna t-take advantage of you." I can't let him get too close, I can't let him get hurt. "It's okay I wouldn't mind." Pete looked into my eyes and put both of my hands on his shoulders. I want you to take advantage of me. I'm here as long as you need me." He smiled and pulled me into a hug.