Baby's 1st Steps

"Cmon Hanna please." I say to my 1 year old daughter. Im trying to teach her how to walk but once i help her up. Flop. She falls. Hanna takes my finger as i help her up. She picks a foot up but loses her balance and falls again. Suddenly, my husband austin walks in through the door "hey." I manage a smile "hey." He comes towards me and hanna and picks hanna up "hey princess what r u up to." And gives her a big kiss. Hanna laughs. I say "trying to get her to walk." "Well I read somewhere that a child will try to walk if you convince the child so let's try this you go over there and I'll take Hanna over here with me" Austin says you walk over to one side of the room and Austin carries Hanna a few feet away from you and he set Hanna on her feet "ok so try to make her come to you" Austin says to you "come her hanna come to mommy" you call to Hanna but when Austin lets he go she just plops on to her butt. Austin laughs and helps her up "cmon baby girl." I take my hands out "hanna sweety come to me. Come to mommy." Hanna sits right down in his lap. He kisses the top of her head. I say "ok first i think u need to walk with her cuz shes having trouble with just that" he nods and gets her up and she holds onto his fingers. He says "ok hanna we're gonna walk to mommy." She tries to walk understanding him but her legs are too weak and fragile at the moment. She starts to cry. Austin picks her up and cradles her "ok maybe it's nap time" he says and holds her till she falls asleep in his arms then he puts her down for here nap. "Ok we need to think of a better approach" you say to Austin when he comes back and sits next to you "like what?" He asks "idk maybe she's just not ready" you say and Austin kisses your lips "maybe but if she doesn't try to learn now then who knows" he says and you nod. "Ur right we still gotta try." I say. I lean my head on his shoulder and he wraps an arm around mine. We sit there in silence for a while thinking. "Her Toy!" I say. He looked confused "what toy and what bout it." I reply "that stuffed little bear she's obsessed with." He starts catching on "yeah she'll have to walk to that. Irresistable." I laugh "gee thanks." He smiles "to me ur irresistable." After Hanna wakes up from her nap and she has a snack, Austin goes to get Hanna's bear you hold her arms and try to walk her over to Austin and her bear "come her Hanna come to mr.bear" Austin coos to get her to walk. The bear seems to work Hanna is actually putting some oped fort into trying to get to mr.bear but her legs give way soon "well it kinda worked" you say "practice makes perfect" Austin says. I say to Hanna "thanks for loving the bear more than me." She giggles a bit making me laugh. I hold her up "ok hanna lets go." Austin says "Cmon Hanna, mr.bear wants to giv u a big hug." She laughs and starts moving faster. Halfway i let go of her and she immediatly falls and starts to cry again. Both me and austin crawl to her and then he says "bad example." I laugh and pick up hanna. I slightly rock her and she calms down. Austin takes her from me "please. We really want u to learn." "How bout you go get he something to drink" you say to Austin and he leaves, you put Hanna down on the floor and walk over to the bear "come here Hanna come to mr.bear" you coo and she actually gets up and steadies her balance "Austin come here!" You yell to get Austin's attention "what?" He asks running into the living room "Look" you say pointing to Hanna and you see her wabling towards you and Austin. We both clap and signal her to come to us "cmon hanna u can do it cmon!" Hanna claps and laughs and slowly picks up one foot puts its down and same with the other. She's walking!! Both austin and i take our phones out and record. Once she reaches us we both give her a big hug and kiss and say "u did it!!" Hanna jumps all happy. Austin puts the video on vine along with our reaction. I look at Austin and say "step one, done." He smiles and kisses me.