Chapter 1: Three-year-olds

Third person

"Hey, kiddo's wake up!" Greg said softly to the two three-year-olds sleeping next to each other but they didn't wake up so he said, "It's your birthday." and they both looked at him with stars in their eyes.

"Happy birthday (Y/N)!" Steven said to (Y/N)

"Happy birthday Steven!" (Y/N) in reply before jumping onto Steven hugging him.

"You two get dressed I'll be back in 10." Greg said and walked off

~~~~~~

Greg got back with the gems and (Y/N) and Steven were helping each other get dressed.

"How do they do that?" Pearl asked

"Smart three-year-olds?" Amethyst guessed

"They're basically twins they've grown up together," Greg shrugged, "They refuse to be separate if you'd forgotten."

"Daddy!" Steven and (Y/N) yelled when they finished getting dressed.

"Hey, kids!"

"Have you got the..." (Y/N) started

"PARTY OUTFITS!?" Steven finished

"Yeah, I never forget them." Greg said getting a bag from his back he pulled out two royal capes, a king's crown and a  silver tiara.

"WOO!" The kids cheered grabbing the clothes from Greg.

~~~~~~

A few hours later Greg, Steven, (Y/N) and the gems where on the beach, Two Three-year-olds messing around with Amethyst and the gems (minus Amethyst) and Greg were talking.

"Ring-a-ring o' roses, A pocket full of posies." (Y/N) and Steven sang as the danced in circles in their party outfits with Amethyst. "A-tishoo! A-tishoo! We all fall down!" They sang as they jumped to a sitting position. "Fishes in the ocean, Dishes in the sea we all jump up with a 1, 2, 3!" And they jumped back up still holding hands and laughing.

"Look at 'em so innocent, I hate to think that one day they're gonna grow up and leave me..." Greg said looking at the laughing children and sighed.

"They aren't leaving anytime soon though. Still got maybe three decades until then." Garnet told him smiling.

"Thanks, Garnet." Greg said, "I appreciate it."

"Hey, Greg! These two want... the bits?" Amethyst called over to Greg.

"The bits, the bits!" The kids chanted

"C'mon then kiddo's." Greg said nodding towards the town and Steven, (Y/N) and Greg walked into town.

The Fishes in the ocean, Dishes in the sea we all jump up with a 1, 2, 3! Is what I did in school. Basically, we jump down and pat the floor to the rhythm of the song while singing it. I have no idea where it came from but that's how I know it.