Prologue

The townsfolk of Salem were ordinary people who lived ordinary lives. Doctors that took car of the injured, sheriffs and investigators that kept the lawbreakers in check, and even people who claimed that they could speak to the dead. However this normal lifestyle of the fol of Salem was about to change, in the worst possible way. Nobody suspected anything. It first started out as rumors. "The mafia have reached Salem." some people said. "Mafia? There is no mafia in this small town." others said. However, most were unsure. It wasn't evident until David Jones, the common merchant that resided in the town square, was found dead right in front of his shop.

       That's when people really started to worry. The local investigator, Samuel Parris, walked up to his dead body. Samuel noticed the note crumbled up in the man's fist. Samuel pried the note from his stone cold fingers and read it. People gathered around, anxious to see what the note contained. Several people were crying, most were Jones' family members. "This is the last thoughts of my mind. The last thing my hands will do is write this note. For I believe the intruder in my house is meaning to remove the life from my body and my soul. Give my house to my son, give my daughter my money in my save, if it is still in there, and any other valuables I own. Split the sentiments between the two. I already know they wi..." Samuel stopped reading the message aloud, mostly because the note stopped there. At the bottom covered with the stain of a blood spot, was a sloppy signature of David Jones.

        Samuel saw the note residing beside the dead human at his feet when he put the first note in his pocket. He picked up the note, which was covered in blood, presumably, Jones' blood. The note had one line of written words across the top, 'Fear, the mafia is here.' Samuel folded up the note and stuffed it in his pocket before turning around and addressing the townsfolk of Salem. "We believe this was a simple robbery gone wrong. Please return to your homes while we begin to investigate more." People slowly started walking away, "There is nothing to fear." Samuel lied. Samuel walked back to the jailhouse to tell his fellow law enforcers what had happened.

        Meanwhile, across town, in an old one-room shack, a man in his early-fifties sat in a wooden rocking chair smoking a cigar. In a corner rested a desk with a man in his mid-thirties working diligently sitting at it. Next to the desk, a  balding man with white hair mopped the floor. Suddenly,the front door opened and a young man with dark hair and brown eyes walked in. "Sit down." said the old man. The young man obeyed instantly, sitting down in a chair across from him, not saying a word. "Brief me." said the old man, putting out his cigar. "Yes sir. The merchant is dead, as you requested. The townsfolk now know our presence in Salem." said the younger man, a slight smile on his face. "Well done." replied the old man, "However, our work is just beginning." The younger man only nodded at his reply. The balding man who was mopping glanced at the two talking and spoke under his breath, "Look at that suck-up. Always doing whatever the godfather wants, not questioning it at all." "That is true." said the man working at the desk beside him, not even bothering to look up, "However, he does all the dirty work, so I don't complain." The man mopping sigh and continued working while thinking to himself, 'Not all the dirty work.'

       In another building in the a "Well, Ann, you should be up and walking by tomorrow." said the doctor to his patient, who just received a sprained ankle a few hours earlier. "That's good to here." replied Ann, smiling constantly at the doctor whenever he glanced at her. "Thank you for taking care of me." she said to the doctor. "Of course," replied the doctor, "It's my job."

      Little did anyone know, that lots of lives were about to be lost in chaos.