Roles

As said in the description, this is based of the game Town of Salem by BlankMediaGames. So for people who don't understand exactly who does what and for the fans that want to know the roles involved, here is what they are.

The roles are:

Town:

Jailor, Sheriff, Investigator, Doctor, Escort, Mayor, Veteran, Bodyguard, and Lookout.

Mafia:

Godfather, Mafioso, Janitor, and Consigiliere.

Neutrals:

Serial Killer and Witch

The town is the common people, otherwise known as the everyday people.

The mafia are like gangs and conspiracy groups of the modern world.

Neutrals are different from both mafia and town and require a bit more explanation as they can either win with town, mafia, only with their role, or even with everyone, for this book, I will only explain the Serial Killer and the Witch.

The jailor can jail one person and anonymously speak with the jailed person.

While in jail, a person gains powerful defense, and can survive any attack from the evil roles above.

The sheriff can find out if anyone is mafia, excluding the godfather, and find out who is the serial killer.

The investigator can find out if someone is in the range of similar roles, for example, if the investigator investigates the doctor, they will know that the doctor is either a doctor or the serial killer.

The doctor can save someone from an attack from the mafia or the serial killer. The doctor can heal himself once.

The escort distracts(others know as roleblocks) another person and prevents them from doing their ability or job.

The mayor is the leader of the town. After he reveals he is mayor, he gains three votes instead of one when lynching(more about that later) and also after he reveals, he cannot be healed by a doctor, but can still be protected by a bodyguard.

The veteran is an old, paranoid war vet, that on night he believe he will be killed, will attack anyone who visits him.

The bodyguard is someone who protects a person they visit from a evil visitor. For example, say a witch visits a mayor, but the bodyguard is protecting the mayor, the witch and bodyguard both die. The bodyguard has a bulletproof vest that can protect him from an attack, however, neither the bodyguard or attacker will be killed.

The lookout watches someone from a distance and sees who visits them. For example, say a janitor and a mafioso visit the doctor, and the lookout is watching the doctor, he will know that those two visited the doctor.

The godfather can pick who to kill and the mafioso will do it. The mafioso gets a vote, but doesn't get to attack if the godfather picks someone else. The exception is when the godfather gets roleblocked or jailed.

The mafioso does the godfathers bidding. He gets to vote on someone to kill, although if the godfather wants him to kill someone else, he does so. The only exception is when the mafioso gets roleblocked or jailed, and then the godfather does his own bidding.

There is one person that neither the godfather or the mafioso can kill, and that is the serial killer.

The janitor cleans up the mess of the mafioso, and removes any will, and the person dead will not have a role revealed.

The consigiliere is like an investigator, but for the mafia, and unlike the investigator, the consigiliere knows the exact role of the person they visited.

The serial killer murders someone every night and can only win by killing everyone but the witch. If he is roleblocked, he will kill the escort that rolelocked him. If he is jailed and not executed, he will kill the jailor. The only person that he cannot kill is the godfather.

The witch can win with anyone but the town.  They can control someone to visit someone else or even to visit herself. She can be attacked once and survive without a doctor, but after that, she can easily be killed. If she visits someone that is being protected by a bodyguard, the 'shield' will not protect her from death. She does not visit her target's target.

Lynching:

Every day there is a lynching faze, and everyday you have the option to trial three people and kill one of them. After killing a person during the lynching faze, you cannot trial another person.

Actions:

Everyone(excluding the mayor and one ability of the jailor) can only do their actions at night. The mayor can only reveal during the day when everyone is gathered, and the jailor can only pick to jail someone during the day. (Odd, i know, but that's how they work in the game.)

These are the basics and I will try to let on to help understand them through the story.