Chapter Two.

We stood together in a mansion owned by my long lined family, one that I could barely remember. "You don't remember this place do you?" My father asked with slight curiosity. "Am I meant to?" I asked and glanced towards him. "You grew up here until your first shift" I smiled slightly as the I could feel the slight pain of my first shift. "That broke five of my ribs" I watched as Luna unlocked and walked through the doorway with Dallas following behind.
"We didn't think you would make it through the night"
"We?" I asked and all my father did was smile and walk into the house, I shortly enough found the courage to follow in after but I felt something.. something I hadn't felt in a long time. I began to smile as I looked upon my surroundings, I could see silver laying around the room and hy the feast on the tsble behind, in all sorts of shapes and sizes to fit their shape. "I thought I told you lot not to take your armour off?" Laughs could be heard from my people, my knights. "My god, look at you" Danny spoke and smiled as I hugged him. "We haven't seen you in.. so long" Xavier finished as I hugged him and the rest of the ten knights, they all let go of a sigh of relief knowing that I was alive and okay.
"Let's eat!" Danny exclaimed and in everyone's laughter we sat together at a long oak table with the feast in front of us with our wine glasses full.

"Who would have thought the Queen could get loose" We laughed together, danced together. "Hey! That's my daughter" My father laughed along side the knights as it made me wonder about Mason, I thought about his rare smile and laugh, the way he walked and the way he acted.. I couldn't stop the smile from forming even though it was constantly arguing between us. I acted on impulse and it would be something I would see if I would regret soon enough. I stood from my chair and had quickly left whilst picking up a black box from the side on the way out, I took that very moment to shift and.. just run. Once I could see the house in the distance I took back my human form and brushed myself down, after, I slipped through the forest and walked towards the front door.. by this time Mason and his men would be back from hunting and so, I had less then a minute to slip inside and act like I'd never left the house. I quickly walked through the doorway and could see them laughing, talking and messing around in the back garden. "Oh.. no" Just as the door opened I slipped into the room on the left and had quickly come to realise it  was the kitchen, I had quickly gotten to the fridge and just as I opened the door I hear his voice.. "Where have you been?" I took a breath and pulled out the carton of chocolate milk. "Nowhere... special" I replied as I closed the door and turned to the glass cupboard "You only drink that when you're nervous" and with and slight frown I reached up and picked up a glass, I turned back around and placed it onto the marble kitchen island. "And how would you know that?" I asked as I could still sense his men lingering, I hadn't quite worked up the courage to look up at him.
"Mind telling me why the stench of mean is lingering of off you" Once again I could hear the anger he was feeling in his tone and as I turned to my left, I reached my hand out and picked up the black box and dropped it onto the island. "Suddenly lost my thirst" I stated as I walked past and towards the horse shoe shaped staircase.

And as Mason opened the box there lay a white card with his name written on the front in cursive black ink, he picked up the card and lifted it open reading the inside with it saying 'I know you don't celebrate your birthday so, happy Mason day. ~ Emily' He put the card to one side and turned back to the box where as he lifted the two flaps of tissue paper, a small smile crept onto his face as he saw the two leather bracelets he described he would have in a short silly moment they shared. He quickly picked up the box and the card and quickly left the kitchen going after her. "Hey" I stopped in the middle of the staircase as I heard him call from behind, I turned back with a hand still on the black railing. "How did you know what today is? My men don't even know" I could see the look of confusion on his face and I began to realise.. he would soon be able to sense things from me, I had condemned myself to it all because I acted out of impulse, all because of this stupid situation. "I might like to torment you little lamb but I will always know when your birthday is" I tried to crack a small smile just as his was not forced for once. "You really are something aren't you?" I looked at him for a few minutes. "No more women okay?" He looked dumbfounded and all I did was smile and speak up. "You'll work it out but don't take too long" I turned back around and continued to walk up the last few steps.