Chapter 14

The light i was met with, was blinding.
But i soon got used to it, and realised i wasn't in the lab anymore.
A smile crept onto my lips, and soon i laughed.
I was so relieved, this was the first time ever i had been so relieved.
It was like this heavy bag i had been carrying for years, that someone had taken that bag away from me, and help me walk.
I looked around, enjoying being in Joyce Byers house.
But then a thought was in my head, killing every joyful thing about this moment.
What about El?
Was El alright? Oh no, what if it was only me that had been saved.
No... NO! I wouldn't accept that, never in my whole life, i would give my life for her.

My smile slowly vanished, and dark thoughts filled my mind.
What if she didn't get saved? What if she was taken by Papa again? What if she had sacrificed herself? What if Papa had killed her? She couldn't be dead... I wouldn't be able to bear it if they had taken her away from me.
She was the only family i had left.

My thoughts went on and on, slowly killing me from the inside.
I stared, not knowing what to do with myself, i felt so hopeless.
She was still alive, she was still alive, she was still alive, she was still alive i kept repeating in my head. 
A tear spilled out, then one more and one more, it kept going until my whole face was bathed in tears. 
I silently cried, burrieng my head in my arms, i choke out a sob.
Then the door flung open, i jumped at the sudden change, and look up a bit scared.
But what i saw was nothing to be afraid of, there in the door stood no one other than my sister, Eleven.

A smile spread across my lips, my eyes spilling more tears of joy, the sight of my sister made everything inside of me fly.
She was safe, she didn't die, she is breathing, she's alive, she's here.
I stood up and we both ran into each other's arms, hugging like our lives depended on it.
The dark thoughts could go home, i couldn't use them anymore, we were both here away from Papa.

"I thought... I thought that Papa hurt you... Killed you" i spoke, breaking the comforting silence between the two of us.
"I thought he killed you" she said letting out a sob, holding me closer.
"He didn't kill me or you, we're safe" i laughed out, another wave of relief flooded over me.
She laughed with me, but in between the laughs small sniffles was heard.
I broke out of her grip, looking at her.

Then i noticed bruises up and down her face and arms, probably also her legs.
Her face was skinny and dirty, but the smile was still there.
"He hurt you.... He's not our Papa" i stated, she looked so unhealthy yet happy.

"No, he is not" she agreed, and i smiled at her again.
Then we walked out to the others.

It was only Joyce, Jim, Steve, Jonathan and Will.
They all looked up when the two of you walked in, they stopped talking like they were hiding something, but i didn't mind at all, i was still happy and nothing could ruin that. 
Well maybe, Papa could but else.

"Thank you for saving us" she said, looking at all of them, then at me.
"Hey you two are like our kids, we need to keep you safe" no one else then Steve Harrington said, Joyce nodded in agreement and looked at Jim.

"Hey kids, we have something to ask you" Jim started out, as he looked at us in a serious mode.
We just nodded, not knowing what else to do.
"What would you say if i adopted you, Y/n. And Joyce here, adopted El?" he said looking at the two of us.

This was the definition of mind-blowing.

A/n: Thank you for reading, commenting and voting. And this story have about 2,5 k reads, that's really many people, so thank you to all of you who take time reading my humble story.
Seeyah all later!