Chapter 13

Elena's POV

Care and I just arrived at Bonnie's funeral. I don't know how to even explain how I'm feeling right now, I look around and see...strangers that were apparently really important to Bonnie. Damon and Stefan just got here. They parked the Camaro right behind us in the street. Bonnie's funeral is in Charlottesville, Virginia. And based on what Care told me in the car, this is Bonnie's grand-daughters house. I don't know if I'm ever gonna get used to my friends having grand-children. Damon and Stefan got out of the car and was laughing about something. That's one thing I miss about being a vampire, ease dropping. That and healing people, what can I say? Damon grabbed my hand and led me into the house. We walked around and said hi to a few people, I feel so left out like I'm the third wheel. I know nobody, I've missed so much. I hate it! Not now, Elena. This is Bonnie's day. This is your best friends day. That's when I saw Bonnie's grand-daughter. She looked just like Bonnie! It was sorta unsettling.

"Hey Damon." Bonnie's grand-daughter said.

"Oh, hey, Dawn." Damon greeted the Bonnie look-a-like. Dawn. Bonnie use to tell she was always going to name her daughter that, but I guess Bonnie's daughter beat her to it. "Dawn, this is Elena."

"Hi. I'm so sorry about your loss." I said trying not to cry.

"Elena..." Dawn whispered remembering something. "You were linked to my grandma, right?"

Oh no. She's gonna kill me, I can tell, she's upset about the whole 'Bonnie linked to me, now she has to live knowing that she's the one keeping me asleep' thing. And just so you know that is not how I feel, I loved Bonnie and always will. I looked at Damon, "Yeah. How did you-"

"Dawn's a witch." Damon whispered.

"Elena..." Dawn repeated.

"Dawn I'm so sorry about what happened with Bonnie-" I got cut off but Dawn running into my arms and hugging me.

"My grandmother told me so much about you. You meant the world to her, she would want you to know that." Dawn cried into my shoulder.

I held back the tears as long as I could but when Dawn talked about Bonnie it broke me, "Thank you s much." I'm not sure if I was saying that to Dawn or Bonnie.

Damon's POV