002 | First Day At A New School

I thought moving to a new care home was hard but a new school that was going to be so much hard. I was frightened, I didn't want to get bullied at school; I am bullied enough at the home.

"Katie Isabella! Why are you not dressed!" I heard Stewart shout as he opened my door and I had my new uniform laid out on my bed. I turned around nervously.

"I'm sorry Sir. I was waiting to get into the bathroom but the others won't let me in" I apologised biting my lip.

"That's no excuse! Get dressed, then use the bathroom and get downstairs!  If you don't hurry up you'll make the other kids late for school!" Stewart snapped at me and I nodded. I waited for him to leave the room before shutting the door and removing my pyjamas, I pulled on my underwear aswell as my white long sleeve shirt which I tucked into a grey skirt. On my feet I had a pair of white lace fringed socks along with my black and white vans while my phone sported my pink cat case. I decided to leave my hair down with it's light natural curls. I finally grabbed my pastel rucksack and opened my door once again

"Here goes nothing" I mumbled to myself as I made my way to the bathroom and quickly did what I had to do before leaving and going downstairs

"Here goes nothing" I mumbled to myself as I made my way to the bathroom and quickly did what I had to do before leaving and going downstairs. I skipped breakfast so I sat in the hallway waiting for Stewart and the other kids to get ready.

"Evreyone Go and get in the mini bus" Stewart shouted throughout the house. I left the house and climbed into the mini bus.

"That's my seat! Are you stupid, we told you this yesterday. No wonder your parents never wanted you." Louisa smirked pushing me slightly.

"Yeah at least we're here because our parents died, they wanted us" Louisa's twin Luka added on to his sisters sentence I rolled my eyes and decided to ignore the twins.

"You better watch your back at school today's because I run the school. You are not going to get away with causing trouble" Hannah smirked as she sat down behind me in the mini bus. I sighed heavily as I pop my earphones into my ears and turned my music on to ignore the other kids. I have to keep my mouth shut if I don't want to go to the special home. The car journey to the school was over in around ten minutes and we all got out of the mini bus.

"Don't get into trouble!" Stewart warned me and I nodded as I walked into the gates of the school. I looked around and began to worry; I didn't know the way to the reception.

"Excuse me you couldn't show me to the reception it's my first day here and I have no clue where I have to go" I asked a dark haired girl who was stood by the gate.

"Sure, I'm Callie Sugden, what's your name?" The girl who I now know as Callie smiled.

"I'm Katie Isabella" I smiled, I didn't know my last name so I obviously did not mention my last name.

"It's nice to meet you Katie, do you have a last name?" Callie asked me as she began walking with me close by.

"I don't know it, I've always been called Katie Isabella by my social worker." I explained with a shrugging.

"Same, well not the name part. I don't really know my birth parents. Your see I'm adopted by a lovely couple Aaron and Robert. We live in a little village, Emmerdale" Callie explained.

"My social worker Jacelyn Smith officially got the papers signed two weeks ago and since them my last names been Sugden." Callie explained and I nodded

"No way your social worker is Jacelyn, she's mine as well" I laughed as we both stopped and laughed. This was strange.

"Wow that's strange." Be both said in unison.

"Anyway this is the reception" Callie smiled after we walked alittle longer. Callie opened the door and let me in as she followed closely behind.

"Mrs Skyline this is Katie Isabella. It's her first day" Callie introduced my to one of the reception lady's.

"Ah Katie, Miss Smallwood has been expecting you. Callie dear would you mind staying I think she was going to ask you to be Katie's buddy" Mrs Skyline smiled as she nods towards me then speaks to Callie.

"I would love to be Katie's Buddy." Callie smiled as a tall slim ginger woman walked out of some glass doors and stopped in front of me and Katie as the school bell rings.

"Katie, I am Miss Smallwood, head teacher. We've read your file and we hope you will settle in here much better than you have in previous schools" the head teacher smiled a sweet smile. I nodded. Miss Smallwood handed me a planner and timetable as well as handing Callie a note to say sorry she's late.. miss Smallwood took me into her office along with Callie and had a talk with us.

"I've Excused you both form physical education next lesson so Callie can show you around. I've placed you into form group H15 with Mr Craig, I hope you will like it here" miss Smallwood smiled before dismissing us and sending us off to English which was actually our first lesson. We walked to English talking and looking at my timetable.

"We're in the same classes" Callie beamed and I nodded. We sat in English after handing in the note and practically ignored our teacher Mr Gepidson and going over my time table and telling my names of the teachers that we have.

"Right let's show you around the school" Callie smiled as we finally were dismissed from our first lesson. We wandered around the school, Callie showed me to the changing rooms for pe, the library, the millions of classroom and pinpointed the classroom we have for each lesson.

I couldn't help but think that Maybe this wasn't going to be as bad as I thought, maybe I had a friend at last.