Chapter Ten

"I KNEW ADRIEN WAS ALIVE!"  Eileen yelled out, both eyes shut tightly. Everyone's eyes were on her, their jaws practically touching the floor.

Marinette processed every word over and over minutes after the sudden outburst. She looked at Adrien who glanced at her as well. A single tear rolled down her cheek as Marinette turned her back on him.

"Mari—" Alya started but was cut off when the bluenette ran out the front door.

"Marinette! Please, I'm sorry!" Eileen sobbed as Marinette made her way away from the home. She turned to the others, pleadingly.

"All I want to know, is why did you do it Eileen?" Nino spoke softly. If no one were paying attention, they'd surely miss what Nino had said since his voice was quiet.

"I-I didn't mean to! I didn't mean to do any of this! Things spiraled out of my control, there was nothing I could do!"

"Nothing you could do?" Nino scoffed. "This wouldn't have happened if you thought about things twice. If you took the time to think about everyone you'd effect with this stupid plan, then you wouldn't have attempted it in the first place."

Nino took a step back, letting his back lean against the wall to keep himself up. Alya followed and held onto his hand for support.

"But that's just my two cents." He mumbled, gazing at the floor.

"You didn't really give a reason as to why everything happened." Cole spoke up, earning him a glare from Adrien.

"This has nothing to do with you." Adrien said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, but it does." Cole nodded, smirking.

"How so?"

"It's simple really,"

"Cole, don't." Eileen looked up, her eyes pleading with him to end the conversation.

"No," Adrien raised a hand to Eileen. "Let him continue. I want to hear this and I think they do too." He motioned to Alya and Nino.

"I'd love to hear it but," Alya pushed herself off the wall and let go of Nino's hand. "I'm going to check on Marinette. See if she's okay."

Nino nodded. "Don't worry, I'll tell you everything that happens."

Alya smiled softly. "Thanks. Now if you excuse me," She pecked Nino on the cheek. "My best friend needs me because of something your best friend did." Her head tilted towards Adrien as she walked through the already-opened door. Once she was gone, everyone turned back to Cole.

"No more interruptions, I want to know how you're tied into this." Adrien's eyes narrowed as he glared at the other blonde.

Without hesitation, Cole reached into his ear, pulling out an earphone. He held it in his hands proudly, showing the two other men.

"With this little guy, I've been able to act as you, telling Marinette the same sweet words you used to. Eileen would sit in her room, reading me a script each time Marinette and I had a conversation."

Adrien's eyes widened as he stared at the ear piece. "H-how is that possible? How would she know what Marinette would say next?"

Eileen stood from the floor, her head hung low in shame. "It's all complicated, but I made sure Marinette was my roommate in college."

"You did what?!" Eileen nodded.

"It wasn't easy for her, but with a determined mind to get—"

Cole was cut off by Eileen who pulled him aside.