Chapter 1

A/N: Thank you for your patience. I haven't forgotten about this fanfic, I've been just studying the basics for a Fruk/UkFra fanfic. I'm sure you all have experience for reading fanfiction of this ship, so if you could give me tips and ideas for this fanfic, please feel free comment on that, any help is appreciated.

"Your majesty, are you certain that we should allow... A certain pirate, handle a royal expedition? I mean, this is Captain Arthur Kirkland that we'll be speaking with. He isn't a trustworthy chap as the tales do tell", the royal counselor confronted the queen.

The queen fought back the urge to roll her eyes for that wasn't an educate action fitted for a royal. "Don't worry, Arthur and I go way back before I started my legacy as the queen. I put my full trust on that man than any other man out there. And as I say, I believe he is the most fitted man for the job. He's definitely experienced and without the tales, he wouldn't be the Captain Arthur Kirkland we've come to known today." The counselor pierced his lips together and gave a short nod, terminating the conversation.

Just as the conversation ended, the grand doors opened to hint another conversation will start. This time with another being included. The young, handsome man, made his way to the front of the queen, kneeling down to give his respects. In all honesty, he was dressed, suited to be called a gentleman even, if it wasn't for that messy hair. Even if he was to be called a gentleman, it had no meaning to hide what he really was, a pirate. A person who attacks and robs ships at sea.

"Arthur, I'm so glad you made it to this meeting in good health", the queen smiled, "I assure you, you will be very busy after this and will have a lot in your hands, but I am entrusting you to make this expedition a success. We've already discussed about the payment, so now I would like to discuss about the job."

"My queen, if I may interrupt for a bit, I haven't quite gotten the map for the land you want me to explore yet. I've gotten the supplies, but not exactly the marking to the direction I will be going", Arthur implied to the conversation.

"Well, that's what I wanted to speak with you today. You see, Arthur, there isn't a map for the specific land, yet", she grabs a scroll from the counselor and spreads it on her lap handing it to Arthur. "If you see in the middle of this map, the place I want you to go has been illustrated as clouds, and around it, you could see how dangerous the ocean is illustrated as. Which it is the reason why the land hasn't been explored yet, the ocean around it hasn't been very safe for explorers."

Arthur studied the map skeptically, his brows furrowing in seriousness. Is he really going to risk his life for such a dangerous expedition in the ocean around the land after all the other failing explorers proven for it to be impossible to pass through?

The queen stood up from her seat and walked towards Arthur, holding his hands, making him look at her pleading eyes. "Arthur, I have a deep feeling in my chest that you will be the first man to ever successfully cross the ocean and discover the new land.  Please Arthur, I beg you, not as the queen, but as a friend, to prove this deep feeling of mine to be right. Please show me the new world that awaits from beyond, and return with many samples that you can find there."

Arthur stands there for a few minutes, silence filling the air. He finally gives a short nod and kneels down in front of the queen, kissing the back of her hand. "I will not prove you wrong, my queen."

Thank you for reading the first chapter of this fanfic. Please add this to your reading lists, share, vote for it, and comment. I accept fanart as well, so pm me for my email, but tagging me will be more preferable for me. I hope to see you in next update. Take care!