Chapter 4

Marinette Dupain Cheng

Marinette got up. Adrien sat on the ground as if in shock. Never mind, he had worry lines in his forehead. His eyebrows lowered. His mouth gradually formed a snarl. Now he was angry. Great.

Marinette stared at Adrien. She would be aggressively rolling her eyes if it was appropriate. First of all; what was Adrien doing? Secondly; Why was he here? How could it be that this kid was so popular? Why was he not in his classroom? Perhaps Marinette was being a little to irrational expecting him to be able to find his way around. Even so, he lied.

Marinette shook her head and clicked her tongue. She sighed a sigh of relief. At least she was able to find him. She was afraid that he ran into Damiáo while he was high. That self professed 'bad boy' always smoked weed on campus. If so, with Adrien's volatile personality, who knew what could happen?

"Finally. It's about time!" Adrien said with an adorably whole hearted anger. Perhaps Adrien was on drugs too.

"Poor baby. Can't you get up yourself? And why can't you set your face straight? Little girls look much prettier when they smile." Marinette said intending to mock Adrien.

"Great. You're talking to yourself again. Want some space? This seems to be a very personal moment." Adrien said, relaxing slightly so he would not sound demented when he insulted her.

"I love you too stinky pants. Why aren't you in at homeroom?" Marinette realized that was a very strange sentence. 'I love you too stinky pants - why are you not in homeroom?'

"Well this is awkward. I don't know if I am to reply while you are having one of your panic attack thingies. I feel like replying but that would just be inappropriate." Adrien said looking at one of the onlookers. They all said 'oh' whenever Adrien insulted her. It was not even a real insult. It was not even a 'dis'.

"So you are not gonna answer me. Whatever. Obviously you are lost, but one of your many fans should be able to help you." Marinette said realizing that she was losing patience.

"Marinette just bring supermodel boy already. We want to get to cafeteria so that Juleka can get breakfast." Alya said walking behind Marinette.

"Adrien. I am sorry if I acted inappropriately. I know that since you are at a new school it must not be easy, and I understand you are trying to fit in, but ... manIfeelsostupid, embarassingmyselflikethis. Whycan'tIcontrolmyemotions? IfeellikeI'mgoingcrazy. MaybeIshouldgotoadoctor. Sorry just whispering to myself. Wanna come to the cafeteria with us?" Marinette said, trying to smile.

"So something is wrong with you?" Adrien said, with a concerned look on his face. Marinette did not know if that was another insult, or if he was the only person who could understand her when she was talking like that, and was ACTUALLY worried.

"There is nothing you can do about it. Don't worry about me. I shouldn't impose my problems on you." Marinette said, feeling sorry for herself.

Adrien held back a smile and said, "Well, since me and that goth girl come from a similar industry, perhaps we could umm... well..."

"I get your point kid." Marinette said.

"I'm older than you." Adrien said smiling.

"Asians tend to look younger than they actually are. It is both stereotypical and true."

"No you are a year younger than me. I am in 3ème while you are in 4ème." Adrien said. This was embarrassing.

"I have no idea how you know I am fourteen, but I am a year ahead so I am technically in your year group so I am in your class." Marinette said.

"I'm a year behind because the school feels like I cannot go blindly into Seconde without knowing how you guys' work. I am still two years older than you."

"You are fifteen?" Marinette said in shock. This kid was was so tiny.

"Almost sixteen."

"And you haven't hit puberty yet." Marinette was being a bit rude.

Adrien smiled. He probably felt insulted but plastered on a smile so he would not ruin the nice moment. Marinette would not say anything like that ever again.

"How tall are your parents?" Marinette asked. Why was she still going at this. Oh right. She was in shock.

"My dad is six foot three. Anymore annoying questions?" Okay so he was annoyed. I got your message.

Adrien got up. He was as tall as her, and she was five foot four. This was a stupid thing to concentrate on.

"I am Marinette Dupain Cheng by the way."

"I already know your name."

"I wanna say this is a new start in our relationship. Let's start over."

"I'm Adrien Agreste; anime geek, nerd, self centered and quick tempered. It is my pleasure to meet you."

"Oooooh, polite. Well umm, I'm Marinette; seinen and shoujo romance anime fan, artistic, over dramatic, over sympathetic and nice when I am not being over dramatic."

"You are way too honest."

"Oh you want me to start over? I could make it longer and more complicated this time!"

"No that's fine."

"Are you two saying your vows are something? Can you hurry up?" Alya said grabbing Marinette's hands. Alya's hands were cold and wet. Luckily Marinette knew it was not sweat. It could have been urine, or clean water, or spit, or clean water, or some other bodily secretion or clean water.

Oh wait we are leaving Adrien behind!

Marinette held Adrien's hand and started running.

"I'm flattered but why are we running?" Adrien asked. His voice was so juvenile.

Now I remember why I was so anxious; I kept telling myself that I would just turn around to get my bag.

"I forgot to get my bag from by the fountain."

"Seriously? Lol."

Marinette felt as if she mended their relationship for now. She understood how Adrien felt and wanted to help him. Even though through the majority of their friendship (perhaps until he hit puberty) she would think of him as a girl. This was going to be awkward.