Chapter 31 Ointment

(Avi's POV)

It's like three in the morning, and I can't fall asleep!!

I stared at the celling and sighed.

It's been two weeks since the tour started, and I haven't heard Ashley's voice since then.

Because of the time difference, when we're awake, she's probably sleeping....

I looked over at Kevin, who share a hotel room with me.  He was sleeping peacefulliy.

I let out a small sigh, and sat up on the bed.

Maybe I should just call her, she must be awake now.

But I need to make up an excuse for calling her, otherwise it would be weird.

(Ashley's POV)

I am at home, and Jenna is here, too.  

After we went for a drink that day, we became friends.

Although she's not the smartest girl in the world, she is a lot of fun.

We are making some cookies when all of a sudden, my phone rang.

I reached into my pocket and got out my phone.

"It's Cactus.."  I mumbled as I looked at the caller ID.

He never ever call me before.  We only have each other's number because Mitch told us maybe someday we will need to use it for emergencies.

"Avi?  Omg, get it!"  Jenna put down he tray of unbaked cookies and yelled in excitement.

That night, after some drinks, I told Jenna all the things that happened between Avi and I.  And I also told her about my feelings.

"Hello?"  I answered the phone.

"Hi, Ashley, it's me, Cactus."  He said.

It's been two weeks since I heard his voice, and I missed it so much.

This is the first time ever that I hear his voice through the phone though.  

His voice is so deep, deep enough to cause vibration.

I held back my giggles as my ear tickled from the vibration that he was causing.

"Oh, hey."  I said as casually as I could.  

Jenna laughed at the huge grin on my face.

"Umm...uh.."  Avi struggled.

I wonder why he is calling.

"Ashley, are you home?"  He asked.

"Yeah, I'm home.  What's up?"  I asked.

"Did you by any chance come across my ointment for rashes?"  He asked.

"Ointment for rashes..?  I don't think so."  I answered.

I don't think I've seen that in the house before.

"No?  Oh, man.  I think I lost it."  Avi said.

"I'll look for you, okay?  Where did you last see it?"  I asked.

"I think it's in the drawer under the table in the living room."  Avi said.

"On my way."  I said as I walked to the living room.

I knelt down in front of the table, and opened the drawer.

"I don't think it's here, Cactus."  I said after digging.

"Oh, no."  He sighed.

It's probably in the middle of the night where he is.  To call me at this time, that ointment must be so important.

"Hey, do you remember anything about that brand of ointment, I could run to the drug store, get some, and mail them to you."  I said.

"No, it's okay."  Avi said.

"It's no trouble, really."  

"No...I..I..Actually.."  Avi sighed.

I sat down on the couch.

"That ointment isn't so important...In fact, I don't have any ointment...."  Avi mumbled.

"Huh..?  What do you mean?"  I asked in confusion.

"I just...really want to talk to you."  Avi said genuinely.

He wants to talk to me.....

"Cactus..."  I mumbled.

"I'm sorry."  He said.

"Sorry for what?  That is so sweet."  I said.

He chuckled with his deep voice.

"How have you been?"  He asked.

"Good, but not great though.  I miss you guys."  I said.

"We miss you, too.  I miss you..."  He said.

I always thought that I would be the last person he'll miss.

I chuckled nervously.

"Why would you even miss me though?  We only started to be nice to each other for six days, and then you went on tour."  I said.

"That's why I miss you so much.  I feel like six days are just too little.  I want to spend more time with you.  You are......very...nice.  I like you."  He said.

"I like you, too."  I blushed.

"WOOOOOOOOO!!!!"  Jenna suddenly screamed.  And she clapped in excitement.

I completely forgot that she was here.

"What was that?"  Avi asked.

"It's just Jenna, a friend from work.  Ignore her, she's acting weird."  I shot Jenna a glare.

(Avi's POV)

I was sitting on the bathroom floor in the hotel room, so that I won't wake Kevin by talking on the phone.

I can't believe that I am on the phone with Ashley.  And she said that she likes me...although she probably meant she like me as a friend, or even just as a human being, but SHE LIKES ME.

"Well, call me anytime, okay?  And don't make up any lame excuse."  She said.

"That's not lame!!"  I said dramatically.

"That is lame.  C'mon, ointment, really?"  She said.

"Okay, fine it's lame."  I said.

She chuckled.  

"Cactus, I know it's quite late there.  You should go to sleep now."  She said.

"Oh, yeah."  I said.  

Though I don't want this conversation to end....it still have to end.

"Goodnight, Cactus."  She said warmly.

"Goodnight."

She hung up.

I got up from the floor.  And threw both of my hands up.

I am a winner!!!!  

I mentally yelled.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened.

"What the..?"  Kevin said after he saw me.

I put my hands down, and looked at him in embarassment.

"What the heck are you doing in there??"  He asked.

A/N:  Hey!!!!!!:)   The comments on the last chapter are so interesting lol.  Most of them are guessing where this "Jenna" character is going.  Sorry that I can't give anything away yet.

Anyways, Avi and Ashley's relationship is a step closer now.  And for the next few chapters, they will be even closer.  So very very very very close muahahaha.