Chapter 1: Neutrals

"The Neutrals are a dangerous and forbidden species. With the combination of their parent's powers, they can influence humans and other gods to whatever parents element they want. They can't control it completely, as that would be dethroning the god/goddess, but the influence to help one of the gods destined to be enemies is too great of a power for the gods to keep in their haven. Most always the Neutral infant is killed in front of its parents, to teach the two a lesson. Then the two gods must work or do whatever tasks Enthro (king of gods) assigned to them and only stop when he sees fit. Occasionally though, they spare the Neutral infant and banish it to the mortal world. Only a few Neutrals were ever spared. The most recent and well-known one happened around 13 years ago. It was the child of the gods of Peace and Chaos. Aluris (Peace) and Chaslura (Chaos) sent their child to the mortal world without the permission of Enthro. They gave the child to a family who had been praying for a child for years. Only because he favored Peace, he let her go without punishment. To keep Aluris from doing anything else wrong or trying to rebel, he married her. Chaslura was ordered to work as a servant, and forced to watch Aluris and Enthro throughout their marriage."

I quickly closed out of the website before I could read the rest. No doubt this information would only fuel the idea that I was a Neutral. I was bullied a lot about how similarly everything lined up as it was, being born the same day as the infant was cast to the mortal world by the goddesses peace and chaos. Not to mention that my parents, Riley and Jacklynn, had once lived where the baby Neutral was rumored to be found. Everything seemed to line up, except for one thing...I had no powers. Even when cast to the mortal realm, gods and neutrals alike keep their powers. While Neutrals usually have no idea, they always manage to figure out by their powers unlocking when the child needs them most. You'd think that between bullies and multiple threats to my parents for both being female (even though it's completely legal, and multiple gods are married to the same sex) any powers I possessed would have appeared. So far, nothing, and I doubt I'm ever going to be in a spot where I need them more than I do right now.

The one decent person I've met in this hell hole is Alex. We can't even be around each other much as it is, if they were seen with me they would get bullied too, and I didn't want them to get hurt or picked on like I was.

It was finally the end of school, and I couldn't wait to get home. Hopefully, I could get out in time. Jordan, Michael, and John were all ruthless when it came to me. The only reason they kept me in enough shape to get home was so that they could continue their little game of using me as a punching, kicking, and beat-it-up bag. I quickly packed up my things, hoping to be fast enough to get home.

Unfortunately, I didn't even get to start my walk home, because the three walked into the classroom.

"Well well well, look what we have here. A little freak all alone." John chuckled, causing a shiver to go down my spine. Gods, why did it always have to happen every day?

"Heh, and teach is gone too. How convenient." Jordan laughed as Michael stood near the back, looking slightly uncomfortable.

I never hated Michael, he seemed to dislike having to be with the other two. He was probably threatened into joining them, anyway. We made brief eye contact and he looked down.

"I-I'll go take watch so we don't get caught," Michael said as the others nodded. They didn't pick up on the fact he simply didn't want to be there. I watched him go but was brought back to reality as the collar of my shirt was seized by John.

"Ready for your daily dose of creaming, Neutral?" John spat the words as if they were a curse. Before I could even hope to reply, he landed a punch on my stomach, causing me to fall to my knees. Then Jordan winded up a kick, which hits my side. I lay on the ground, but I refuse to cry. I try to get back up, but John shoves me down again.