𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 - ₍ₚ.ₚ₎

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Part 1

Soul mates were the foundation of the world Peter Parker lived in. Once you found you're soul mate it was, supposedly, the best feeling you could ever have.

People described it as a sudden rush, and as if you were breathing a breathe of fresh air. Or at least that's how May said it felt when she had met Ben. Like finally her other half had been found.

Everyone loved soul mates because apparently everyone had one. The only way to not have a soul mate was if they passed away. Or you just never found them.

Now that was a major down side to the whole soul mate thing in Peter's eyes. He new of people who had never found their other half and they ended up living the rest of their lives lonely and miserable.

Just like how Peter was feeling in this exact moment. Lonely and miserable with not a single idea of what his soul mate was like. Well for one he knew she was artistic due to the patterns she drew on her arm on the daily that just so happened to show up on his arm as well.

He would occasionally draw something back and recieve a smiley face in return, but that was rare. May had told him that he should try to draw things back. Let his soul mate know he wasn't dead, however he just knew he was never going to find her.

There are 3 things you learn as a child when it comes to soul mates that Peter knew all to well. One, when you draw on your skin it appears on your soulmates skin as well. The perfect way to know you're truly bonded with someone. Two, never try to meet up on your own terms by writing a location on your arm. It was supposed to happen naturally and if you did write a meet up location one of you would die. Finally three, if you didn't meet your soul mate by the age of 13, you had a 99% chance of never meeting them.

Peter was 16 with no soul mate.

May tried to encourage him everyday to stay hopeful but Peter lost his hope when he turned 15. He used every wish he ever had hoping that he would meet his other half, but it never came true. He learned on his 15th birthday that wishing was for fools and for the Parkers... they had bad luck when it came to soul mates.

So, Peter continued his life never paying attention to the tingling sensation that came from his arm when the abstract pictures would appear. Never once truly caring like he did when he was young and naive.

Sitting in his last period of the day Peter was for once truly captivated by the strange markings that started to appear on his arm. These markings were different they weren't just simple doodles. No this was a full picture. A mandala of zentangles covering his whole forearm.