Sorry

My apologies if this is trash.

———

Carl and I walked side by side up the stairs in the old abandoned mall. There were a couple walkers here and there, but for the most part, it was cleared.

Me and Carl got separated from the rest of the group after Terminus. Carl was being a real ass about it, telling me it was all my fault.

"I can't believe this," he huffed as we reached the top of the broken escalator. I rolled my eyes at him and frowned. "It's all your fault." He had been going at it like this since we ran off, and quite frankly, I was getting sick of it.

I had been bottling up anger this whole time, trying not to explode on him. I know that he had just found Judith, and now he lost her again. It had to have been hard. But at least he still had a little sister. A father, a family.

I've always felt like an outcast in the group ever since they took me and my family in. Herschel was my uncle. Well, great uncle. And Maggie and Beth were my cousins. Carl and I got along really well back at my farm, but over the past couple of months, he's grown very bitter towards me. Towards everyone.
Everyone except Judith.

"You're so..." Carl started to say something as he stopped in his tracks, sounding very frustrated and whiny. Like a little kid. I stopped walking and turned around to glare at him with a hurt expression on my face. I felt tears prick the back of my eyes, but I didn't dare cry in front of him.

"I'm so what?" I asked lowly, my voice cracking in the process. The tears brimmed my eyes and I could feel my cheeks flushing as I tried to hold all emotions back. I bit down on my tongue hard to keep from sobbing in front of him. In all honesty, I miss Carl a lot. The old Carl.

Carl stared at me with a blank expression. After a few seconds his eyebrows furrowed. He shook his head and scoffed. "What's the matter with you? You look like you're about to cry," he taunted. I inhaled sharply, turning around and quickly storming off into the nearest shop to hide and cry in.

My vision blurred and I couldn't do anything but blink the tears away to clear it. I knew Carl was watching me from behind. Probably sneering.

I furiously wiped my eyes and let my shoulders rack with a silent sob, wanting him to see how he was making me feel.

I walked into the shop, which happened to be a clothing store. I heard a groan coming from the dressing room and pulled out my knife. I was sobbing hysterically now. I didn't care what was going to happen. The walker could bite me and end this life for all I care.

I lost all my family, except for Maggie. I lost my group. And worst of all, I lost my best friend. And said best friend is blaming everything on me. Making me feel way more worthless than I ever had before. The walker trudged out of the dressing room and tried reaching for me. I gave it a look of pure disgust and screamed, "Fuck you!" Before I stabbed it repeatedly in the head.

I heard footsteps come running into the store and then a very familiar voice. "Y/n!" Carl's voice called. I didn't move. I just cried.

"What the hell are you doing y/n?!" Carl raised his voice.

I turned around and looked at the taller boy. He stared at me angrily for a few seconds, breathing heavily as he waited for a response from me. "What am I doing?" I shrieked. "What am I doing?!" I asked louder. "Gee, I don't know Carl. I'm just contemplating whether I should end my life before you or someone or something else does because obviously all I'm doing is making this shit world even worse!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, not caring how many walkers I would draw, or how hoarse my voice was going to be, or how taken aback Carl would be.