Feelings

I sat down on the front porch in a white rocking chair. The faded white color was starting to chip off the wood, indicating it had been there quite a long time.

I slowly rocked back in forth with Judith in my arms. Her soft little blue eyes looked around at the people walking by in the streets. Her head was nuzzled close to my chest.

I watched the people walk by, waving occasionally or sending me a smile which I quickly returned. Some even exchanged quick hello's.

I gazed at the cloudy sky. It was getting colder the past few days, meaning summer was coming to an end and fall was just around the corner. The fall has always been my favorite season. I loved the cool breeze running through my hair, the leaves burning to gold and crumbling away. The cool air soothed me.

A cold wind blew by, and I snuggled Judy closer to me, not wanting her to start getting too chilly. I wrapped my arms tighter around her and fiddled with my bomber jacket. I had been collecting patches for it ever since I became a part of Rick's group.

Daryl is the one who found me. I was only eleven at the time. I was hiding up in a tree with my baby brother. He's the one who gave us away. Daryl was pretty intimidating with his leather angel wing vest, his crossbow, his manly demeanor. I thought we were dead when my brother starting crying.

Turns out Daryl is quite a softy once you get to know him. I've become very close to him, and he's like a father to me. He's the one who found me my jacket on a run my first winter with the group.

I've become close to everyone. Glenn is like a brother to me, Maggie is like a sister, Carol like a mother, and Rick has become quite fond of me over the years as well.i loved them, and they loved me. We were one big happy family.

Carl has been my best friend merely since the day I met him. We've been inseparable. We can never stay mad at each other, and we're always quite understanding of one another. We both lost our mothers. And we both loved our little siblings. And we both loved each other. It was obvious, even if we never said it.

I glanced down at Judith and noticed she was asleep. I hummed and smiled slightly. I stopped rocking in the chair and stood up, walking towards the door of Carl and Rick's house.

I opened the door quietly to see Carl passed out on the couch with a TV remote in his hands. His sheriffs hat had fallen off his head and onto the floor, and his lips were slightly parted. I chuckled at the sight, then quickly rushed over when I realized the TV was on. We needed to save the power, no matter how much we had. It came in handy being a frugal person during the apocalypse.

I gently took the remote from Carl's sleeping hand and switched off the television.

Judy stirred in her sleep and I quickly snuggled her closer to my chest and stroked the side of her face. She calmed down soon after that.

I tiptoed up the stairs and into Rick's room. The door was cracked open, and I heard snoring. Coming from two people. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and peered inside.

My eyes widened and my eyebrows raised when I saw Rick and Michonne passed out on the bed. Outside, I just smiled, but inside, I was screaming like a crazed fangirl. I always thought they would be the cutest couple.

I turned my attention to Judy once again, smiling at her. She was one of the things that gave me hope in this world.

I was startled when I heard a deep voice come from the door. "You've always been so good with her," Carl said groggily, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. His voice was super deep due to his nap from earlier. I always found that voice super sexy and arousing, but I wouldn't dare tell that to him. He's my best friend, and that'd be really awkward.