CHAPTER 5

I have no idea why, but I feel compelled to dedicate this chapter to Kate because she has been yodeling uncontrollably because Ri-guy tweeted my bae Chrissy Costanza. 

Also, this is the last chapter for Before Infinity! Thanks to the 71 people who actually gave a shit about this fic omg haha. Now, I have a condition: If this reaches at least 150 reads or hopefully more, that's where I'll upload the sequel! 

TWITTER: @hashtagirwins // IG: @mcdxnoughs

"Rooftop tonight, we are the skyline."

Toby seemed so gobsmacked about his epiphany that night that he could barely sleep. He no longer denied the feeling he gets when he sees Ellie. He knew he was going to be crazy about her the moment he heard her sing in the park, he just didn't want to admit it himself. He wondered how Ellie felt, but he knew somewhere inside her she probably wouldn't reciprocate her feelings with his. That didn't bother him, though, because he was going to do it. He was going back to the old Toby, who was pretty loserish, but he was happy.

The next morning, he decided to be early. He got out of the shower before his alarm clock even chimed, and he put his hair up instead of leaving it down. He even considered getting a haircut later on since his hair looked a bit too tall to put up. He got dressed in a maroon polo shirt and jeans that weren't ripped and finished with his beanie and vans. He went downstairs to meet Riley, who just got back from Starbucks with their breakfast. "I was just about to wake up Connor, what got you up so early? And dude, your hair! I haven't seen that in a long time," Riley commented. For some reason, Toby replied with a shrug and a smile. "Oh my God, there's a girl, isn't there?!" Riley guessed. Toby's smile grew wider as he got his frappe and bagel and sat down.

"Oh, shit, I knew he'd fall for Elliana!" Connor chimed in out of nowhere. He, too, was wearing a smile on his face. "What happened to you? We're both barely dressed and here you are, eating a bagel in a shirt and hairstyle that we haven't seen in years!" he asked. "I don't know what got into me, man," said Toby. Riley sat down beside him and started chomping on his sandwich. "We're your brothers, you should be able to tell us if you like a girl or not!" he said, his mouth full. "You're disgusting, Riley, you shouldn't talk with your mouth full," Toby joked, his mouth full of bagel, too. "Stop sidetracking!" Connor scolded.

"Okay, fine. I like El," Toby confessed as he took a sip of his frappe. "El? You have a petname for her now?" Riley asked. "Yeah, and she actually calls me Toby now instead of McDonough!" Toby shared excitedly.

"Hey, want me to drive you to school?" Connor asked as they finished breakfast. Even this didn't bother Toby. "Yeah, no problem!" he said as he checked the time. It was only seven a.m., and he still had a lot of time before school starts. He decided to DM Ellie.

TobyMcDonough: Hey El! Let's meet at Urth?

Urth, as he came to know, was Ellie's favorite cafe other than Starbucks. She would get excited if her mother brought home anything from Urth while they practiced their lines.

His phone buzzed. Ellie replied!

Elliana_182: sure :-) be there in 15 okay?

As expected, Toby replied with an "Okay. :)"

Connor came of the shower five minutes later, then came out of his room for another five minutes fully dressed and ready to go. "Actually, Connor, it's still pretty early. Could you drive me to the cafe across the school instead?" he asked. Connor gave him a look. "Meeting El?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows at his brother. Toby looked at the ground and smiled. "Sorta," he said. "Let's go, then!" said Connor.