One

This story will be based on pre-Aogiri student Touka and Sasaki Haise, an adult.

A/N: don't start playing the music yet until I tell you to do so :)

It all started with looking for a certain book. The Kamii University Literature student was searching high and low for a particular book named 'The Black Goat's Egg' and apparently, it's a very popular book that was out of stock at every bookstore she visited.

"Touka-Chan!!!" The violet haired female's ears perked up at her best friend's voice and turned to see Yoriko running towards her while waving a hand. She stopped in front of her and panted. "What are your plans for today?"

"Still searching for the damned book."

"Oh I see!" Yoriko's eyes wandered to her watch and she gasped. "Oh no. I'm late in meeting my boyfriend! I'll see you tomorrow!"

With that, the blonde haired female ran off and left Touka alone there. She sighed as she glanced around to find any bookshops that she still haven't checked out, but to no avail. Walking down the streets, she turned into a narrow aisle and spotted a small bookstore in the corner. Squinting her eyes to read the name of the store, she wondered why the owner named it that because it didn't make sense to her. Re..?

She then scanned the appearance of the store. On the left was the door and on the right were transparent glass panels which showed the large amount of bookshelves the store had.

^ this is how the entrance looks like but the glass panels are longer and bigger than these

^ this is how the entrance looks like but the glass panels are longer and bigger than these. Let's pretend Re is the shop's name.

Hoping that she'll be able to find the book in this shop, she entered the store and heard a pleasant 'ding' sound of the bell as the door opened. The interior was somewhat antique, with the walls and floor being wooden and old bookshelves brimming with books.

A/N: you can start playing the music now :)

Her ears picked up the sound of Chopin, Nocturne 9 No.2 being played in the background. The music added to the calming and homey atmosphere of the place. Maybe that's what the owner was going for when designing this store. Shaking out of her thoughts, she quickly scanned through every bookshelf in search of her stupid book.

 Shaking out of her thoughts, she quickly scanned through every bookshelf in search of her stupid book

^ this is how the interior of the bookshop looks like!

She was starting to lose hope as she approached the last few shelves until her eyes landed on the title: 'The Black Goat's Egg' at one of the higher shelves. Stepping on her toes, she stretched her arm and struggled to take the book but failed. She cursed herself for being so short and having short arms.

Suddenly, an arm beside her reached for the same book with ease and took it down, holding it out for her. "Were you interested in this book, Miss?"

The voice of a male. Touka stared at the black and white haired male before her, who was wearing a blue apron over his black shirt and pants. A name tag was attached to the apron, saying 'Haise Sasaki'. An employee. She scolded herself for letting a random person see her struggle to get the book but took it from him with thanks anyway. A blush formed on her cheeks as she continued staring at his face. He's handsome...

Wait, what are you thinking? He's just an employee! Get your ass over to the cashier and pay for the book! She shook her head vigorously and he stared at her with a chuckle. "Would you like to purchase that?"

"Yes please."

"Then follow me." He walked towards the cash register and stood behind it. She passed the book to him and watched as he punched something on the register, scanned the book and placed it in a paper bag. "That'll be $17."

She fished out the money from her school bag and gave it to him. He then passed the paper bag to her, she took it and for a brief moment, their hands touched and she felt the electric feeling. Their heads tilted up and looked into each other's eyes. Chemistry.

Quickly withdrawing her hand, she thanked him and left the store. What was that? What was that?!

Her mind couldn't stop asking what and why she would have a reaction to that male employee. It wasn't as if it was her first time touching a boy. She has had a few relationships before but they have never made her heart flutter like this.

But why?

That was the start of her crush on the employee and she didn't know it yet.

What do you guys think of the first chapter so far? This story will be a little rushed as I'm going to Japan from 7th to 13th April so I must finish this story by then. After 13th, I won't be free as I'll be starting school again and will MIA for another few months. Cry T___T

And Touka is so OOC, I'm so sorry about that.

Do you guys like Classical music? I'm starting to listen to them and for now, I like Chopin! Could you recommend me some nice artist and classical songs? Preferably not so dramatic kind and those that are very relaxing! :3